New-to-me scam.

/ New-to-me scam. #1  

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
Thought people who haven't seen this one yet might enjoy it: 97245CB9-6863-418E-86D5-12EF2BC8DBA9.jpeg

/ New-to-me scam. #3  
George C Scott, Michael Sarrazin in the 1967 movie "The Flim Flam man" "you can't flim flam an honest man".

This is a variation of the "pigeon drop" con that was done on Slim Pickens in the back alley. At some point that bank official is going to ask for a small amount of money for you to receive the 7.8 Million. As I said above you can't flim flam an honest man. Anyone that responds to the letter is dishonest and deserves to be flim flammed, or so the sender rationalizes.

/ New-to-me scam. #4  
That scam has been around the block for decades.

/ New-to-me scam. #6  
Entertaining read. Similar to the Nigerian Prince scam, except what funds the scanner needs in advance not disclosed (yet).

I just watched one of those "I won the lottery!" shows, and I certainly don't want millions of dollars. I'd rather be happy and poor.

/ New-to-me scam. #7  
I must admit, as in real life, I didn't get past the second paragraph before continuing on. Mail like that seldom makes it past the shredder in my office.

/ New-to-me scam. #8  
I agree with the comments above. However, it's good to bring scams like this out in the light as they must be sucking some people in with it. A friend's son fell for the Western Union scam about 15 years ago; apparently he showed her the letter, they talked about it for several weeks and he finally decided it was legit. Yet they never mentioned it to anybody including the CU which cashed the check, so he got stuck for $5k.

/ New-to-me scam. #10  
The bigger question here is how can we help him spend his new found wealth !
and should it have R1's or R4's !

Solution: One tractor of each tire type.

Get a pair of larger tractors and a pair of smaller tractors and do the same.

Plus implements for each.

Bruce