New (to me) Tundra

/ New (to me) Tundra #21  
Nice clean Tundra Torvy! Is it a 2WD? That will last you a long time.

Two forum's I use are Toyota Tundra Forum (more like TBN) and then Toyota Tundra Forums

I had the first gen 2000 Tundra for 20 years, 4.6L great truck, new frame replaced under wty, then I replaced it with a 2018 Tundra Platinum 5.7L 4WD I found with 8K miles in early 2019 - was a good time to buy before prices went thru the roof. I have gotten 18MPG on the highway but averages around 15-16 typical around town.

I have a first gen Tundra (2002, 4.7L) and love it. It only has 128k miles on it and runs like a new truck. Regardless of what others say, Toyota Tundra has been an outstanding truck for decades. Nice truck Torvy, should give you years of good service.

/ New (to me) Tundra #22  
Nice truck. I like my Toyotas, own a 2016 Avalon and a 1980 Land Cruiser FJ40. Toyota is a good conservative company. They let others try out the new fangled technology before they put it in their vehicles. Hence, their excellent reliability.

There are more than a few Tundra’s out there with over a million miles on them. Original motors and 800K mile transmissions. Great trucks. Search on YouTube.

I bought a new truck this year and cross shopped the newly redesigned Tundra but wasn’t a fan of the turbo V6, lack of tow hooks, no good bed access, no flat floor in the crew cab, etc. Too many design flaws IMO. So for nearly the same price I bought a Ford F350 Tremor with the 7.3L gasser, factory 35” tires and 12K winch instead. 3800lbs payload and 15K conventional towing. Love it.

Here’s a pic of the old FJ40.

IMG_4884.JPG

Last edited: