Oil & Fuel New to me YM2500

/ New to me YM2500 #71  
My Throttle linkage feell apart also. Nylon washer inside. Fredricks. FP-8220 same one as the 2500 in my parts. A 2500 from Spalding Fred. Referb. It was nice for the time I used it.

/ New to me YM2500 #72  
So I put everything back together but really wanted to make sure that the linkage was all tight and not going to cause any problems. Well I always thought that the throttle was hard to push and pull so I took it apart to change out the friction disk and check it out. Well of course the ball detent was missing and a washer was in the place of a friction disk which was causing the part where a ball detent is supposed to not be there and just causing friction against the metal. Well I called Hoye to see if I could get a new spring but they don't have any in stock does anyone have any idea of a replacement equivalent that I might be able to get locally?

hmm, I already forgot your location as it's not in your avatar profile pix with each post. I would recommend asking Hoye what size of spring and the load compression. Then head out to Tractor Supply central to the USA, or ASC in the South East, or Farm and Fleet in the eastern part of the Mid-West, or maybe your local ACE Hardware store.

The Parts Manual on pg-11 item-13 shows the spring as p/n 104200-66820

On the web, the Yanmar Spring is listed as a FSC 5360 industry standard. Just what does that mean then? Well, upon review of the number, it's very common in automotive to hold the rear shoe pads on a brake drum.

Per JIS spec. (Japanese Industrial Standards)
FSC = Flat Spring Compression
53 = Group type
60 = .60 to .66 OD in Inches.

Spring data at lower right on this page.

Compare the broken spring to the data.

:)

/ New to me YM2500 #73  
This should be the same as yours. Fredrick's refurbishes the YM2500 they should have it used if not new. Not much to it. Cheap on Ebay even SPRING THROTTLE RETURN | eBay

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 106
No detent ball that I recall.

/ New to me YM2500
hmm, I already forgot your location as it's not in your avatar profile pix with each post. I would recommend asking Hoye what size of spring and the load compression. Then head out to Tractor Supply central to the USA, or ASC in the South East, or Farm and Fleet in the eastern part of the Mid-West, or maybe your local ACE Hardware store.

The Parts Manual on pg-11 item-13 shows the spring as p/n 104200-66820

On the web, the Yanmar Spring is listed as a FSC 5360 industry standard. Just what does that mean then? Well, upon review of the number, it's very common in automotive to hold the rear shoe pads on a brake drum.

Per JIS spec. (Japanese Industrial Standards)
FSC = Flat Spring Compression
53 = Group type
60 = .60 to .66 OD in Inches.

Spring data at lower right on this page.

Compare the broken spring to the data.

:)
This was very very helpful, I know at least know the OD and the type of spring. I bought a spring variety pack at tractor supply and the have a few flat grounds in there. now to measure them and find one that is .60 to .66 od.

On another note, the fuel and poor running issue is finally behind me. I guessed on the fuel rail as to where I thought it should be and it must have been right because now my throttle responds as expected and its able to idle solid at 800rpms. I ran it for about an two ours and there was no stumbling or anything. PHEW that was an ordeal but glad it is over.

So if anyone is having an issue with the throttle not responding and crisp after looking at the rest of the linkage and make sure you have no leaks what I would do is take the timing inspection cover off and check to see if the governor linkage is loose. if it loose you are going to have to take the fuel pump inspection cover off and then do the timing procedure making sure to line up the governor linkage to the punch mark on the pump. If you purchase a new pump without the punch mark then what I did that worked for me is pushed the fuel control rod to the left until the shaft is even with the machined mark. (when looking at the pump from fuel line connections)

/ New to me YM2500 #75  
My double nut lock down broke off the Throttle Handle Threads. Sure did!! was able to tach. and thread it back. It took me a couple times to get the spring tention tight enough to hold the throttle from increasing the rpm's of the motor. Was just at Fredricks and didn't want have to replace my whole throttle linkage so I was careful in tightening the spring against the stop and it break again. Wierd over a decade and never had to Adj. yet. Rice patty wear IMO.. Not far from the 1000hr roll over I'm at 900 easy.

/ New to me YM2500
This should be the same as yours. Fredrick's refurbishes the YM2500 they should have it used if not new. Not much to it. Cheap on Ebay even SPRING THROTTLE RETURN | eBay

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 106
No detent ball that I recall.
So the speed control assembly on mine looks different than what you have. Mine looks like this. If I can't find an appropriate spring then I guess I will bite the bullet and overpay for a single spring. If anyone happens to have their spring out and can take some pictures and measurements that would be awesome as well since they are apparently becoming rare and would be good to have another source when someone is looking to find it.

/ New to me YM2500 #77  
I do have the hole just below the #7 Nothing to attach a Spring or a Chk. Ball to the handle side. Maybe something with a JD. 240 or a Prod. of a later model. My YM2000 was so Org. They may have removed it. Which could be true since the paper thin PD. disintegrated and The mounting stud easily Broke. That could be very true getting all they could out of it. It looked as though it just rolled off a boat!! Which was a big plus knowing it was Org intact.

/ New to me YM2500 #78  
I do have the hole just below the #7 Nothing to attach a Spring or a Chk. Ball to the handle side. Maybe something with a JD. 240 or a Prod. of a later model. My YM2000 was so Org. They may have removed it. Which could be true since the paper thin PD. disintegrated and The mounting stud easily Broke. That could be very true getting all they could out of it. It looked as though it just rolled off a boat!! Which was a big plus knowing it was Org intact.

Not sure if your machine is a Tree Frog or a Red Apple.

The Tree Frog setup YM2000
1634611323909.png

The Red Apple setup YM2000
1634611199727.png

1634611412140.png

/ New to me YM2500 #79