New to quick hitches

/ New to quick hitches #61  
I have been utilizing pat's easy hitch - luv them, could less about having to hook the top link, gotta get in there and connect the PTO anyway - these adapters just make it so simple to get the lower pins connected - the most inconvenient aspect could be the need to "on occasion only) I have to change the width but that alone tells me that the quick hitch would not have hooked up due to different width at the pins - have kinda self determined that it is due to older equip that wasn't quick hitch compatible - and thus the Pat's allow me to use them as well - ton of it out there too!!

/ New to quick hitches #62  
I have been utilizing pat's easy hitch - luv them, could less about having to hook the top link, gotta get in there and connect the PTO anyway - these adapters just make it so simple to get the lower pins connected - the most inconvenient aspect could be the need to "on occasion only) I have to change the width but that alone tells me that the quick hitch would not have hooked up due to different width at the pins - have kinda self determined that it is due to older equip that wasn't quick hitch compatible - and thus the Pat's allow me to use them as well - ton of it out there too!!
That describes my Pat's easy hitch experience as well. My neighbor bought a new Yanmar with QA 3pt and new attachments. But I have a collection of old and new attachments with different pin widths.

/ New to quick hitches #66  
Just chiming in and agreeing.... if a mix of older and newer 3 pt attachments...then Pats is the best practical answer. I'd didn't know better early on about how the pin width on 3 pt attachments made up until a few years ago wasn't really followed as a standard. I first bought a heavy-duty Cat 2 quick hitch .... which only fit 1 of my 9 attachments. Then I bought a Cat 1 quick hitch ..... that only fit 3 of them. Making the necessary modifications to all of my 3 pt attachments to fit one of fixed width and upper pin arrangement for the quick hitches just wasn't time or cost practical for me. So then I finally bought a Pat's hitch .... which fit them all......with no modifications, and I have since bought 2 more Pat's for my other tractors. About 2 years of experience now with the Pat's hitches and haven't seen any downside at all to using them so far. Would be happy to make anyone a great deal on an unused Cat 2 quick hitch and an unused Cat 1 quick hitch!!!

/ New to quick hitches #67  
Just chiming in and agreeing.... if a mix of older and newer 3 pt attachments...then Pats is the best practical answer. I'd didn't know better early on about how the pin width on 3 pt attachments made up until a few years ago wasn't really followed as a standard. I first bought a heavy-duty Cat 2 quick hitch .... which only fit 1 of my 9 attachments. Then I bought a Cat 1 quick hitch ..... that only fit 3 of them. ... So then I finally bought a Pat's hitch .... which fit them all......with no modifications, and I have since bought 2 more Pat's for my other tractors. About 2 years of experience now with the Pat's hitches and haven't seen any downside...
1) The fixed width QH's are nothing but frustration. I'd never buy another.
2) The definite downside to Pat's (or any other attachments for the two lift arm ends) is they are not self-centering. They leave you with repeated tries to line up left/right to hitch. For a one person operation with no practical way to move 1500 lb implements in any direction they art NOT the solution. Help a little bit but that's all.
3) As I said in a prior post, the real overall solution is triangular shaped quick hitches (like Jiffy or Delta) which are self centering with an implement. No levers or other nuisances. All that is left is to hook up the PTO.

/ New to quick hitches #68  
It's all in the installation. You have so many adjustment bolts and shims that it takes a trial installation and then when you have it mounted correctly alternate tightening the bolts to keep hookup slots straight up and down.

…but why even tighten the adjustment bolts and prevent the Pat’s from swiveling in the tractor’s arm ball? Allowing Pat’s some movement to swivel on the lift arm allows the implements pins to remain sitting squarely in the Pat’s hook as you raise and lower the implement.

That is, normally the tractor’s arm balls swivel as the angle of the pins to the lift arms changes as you raise and lower. Now imaging you eliminate the ball and it was a fixed hole the attachment’s pin went through (similar to a Pat’s hook), something has to swivel somewhere when you raise and lower the arms and the angle changes.

After many bent adjustment bolts, and fights to remove them, trips to machine shop, I’ve found no reason to clamp them down or why I even use to do it other than that’s what the instructions said. And that was after upgrading to a stronger grade bolt than what was supplied.

Then again, I’m using my Pat’s on a 75hp Class II hitch pulling 1000lb 7’ mower and 8’ rear blade which can put some torque into those adjustment bolts.

/ New to quick hitches
Now there is an interesting perspective.:unsure: Why indeed eliminate the arms ball effect with alignment bolts on Pat's?
Maybe because the shims taking up/down slop would fall out then?

/ New to quick hitches #70  
My previous tractor did not have extendable arms. I bought Pats. It was an improvement.

My current 90hp tractor has extendables. I put a QH on it just after I bought it and have never removed it.

In CATII size, the QH is invaluable.

In CATI size you can man handle implements into position.

Everyone's needs/uses are different.