New to TBN Forum

/ New to TBN Forum #1  

JDGreenThumb

Tractor
JD 755 Utility
Hi y'all. Just joined and thought I'd start with a little intro. I recently bought a home sitting on 5 acres (+/-) and with the sale the PO left us a JD 755 Turf & Lawn Utility tractor that "needs a little" work. What I was told is: it needs a battery (currently has no battery at all), the fuel injectors need replaced, and the front tires need tending too (both currently are flat). Other than those issues it "appears" to be all together and intact. I am starting with doing some research, such as finding (and downloading) a repair manual, parts manual, and finding helpful resources such as this forum. Budget, as is often the case for many of us, is tight but as with anything else in life, just take it one step at a time. My first plan of attack is to get the front tires filled with air and pull the tractor out of the barn where it currently is and moved into my garage/shop to work on the rest of what needs to be done there. Such as putting a new battery in it, changing fluids and filters, and if need be R&Ring the injectors. I have formal education and experiencing in working on diesel engines, though it has been many years, even decades, since I have done that professionally. I use to work on heavy equipment and tractor/trailer rigs in my younger years. This is however the first tractor I have owned. With that said, one of the first questions I have is how do I determine what year the tractor is? Is there a VIN located somewhere on the frame? I have already found the model and the engine serial numbers, does the answer to my question lay somewhere in those numbers?

/ New to TBN Forum #2  
Welcome to TBN and good luck resurrecting the JD, sounds like a fun project.

/ New to TBN Forum #5  
Goog luck with your new to you tractor, hope you get it up and running soon.

And welcome to TBN

/ New to TBN Forum #6  
Welcome to TBN...sounds like good project.

/ New to TBN Forum
Thank y'all for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting the tractor up and running. We can certainly put it to use around the homestead!!!
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

According to TractorData.com, the serial # = year is located below the PTO (Power Take Off) TractorData.com John Deere 755 tractor information

Enjoy the site from wherever in the world you are.
Thanks for the tip. I did locate serial # plate and referenced the web site. It appears to be a 1988 model.