New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #11  
Say it isn’t so. What will Consumers Report say?
Probably nothing. I've come to believe their charter prohibits them saying anything bad about toyotas.
The first gen Tundra’s (pre-2007) had frame rot issues 20 years ago with trucks in the rust belt. Toyota stepped up with a recall and replaced affected frames at no cost to the owner up to 15 years after the original build date.
Define "stepped up". As I recall there was a class action lawsuit, or at least the serious threat of one.

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing
Replacing frames is a lot of work and costs billions. Toyota did thousands if not millions of frame swaps to make it right. They may do the same with this issue in their new boosted V6’s. Name another manufacturer who has gone to such lengths to fix their problems.

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #13  
Thanks for starting this thread, I was seriously considering a Tundra to "replace" my 2002 Ford F350 diesel dually.

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #14  
Toyota owner here.
Owned multiple Camry's, corola's. Now i have 4runner i bought in 2009. It has 260K miles on it with not a single issue. Brakes, tires, oil and filter. that is it. Most reliable vehicles i cold imagine
Being absolutely happy with all of them i went and bought a new 2024 Tundra Platinum.

1. Wile driving home 4 out of 4 moldings on the doors fell of. They are on national backorder with no ETA
2. Next day i found a couple of spots were there was damage on the paint which were covered with the clear coat and very roughly polished. It was not the dealership fault because i took the possession of the vehicle 1 hour after it was delivered.
3. in less than 1k miles, while accelerating all warning light lit up and the motor died in the middle of freeway.
The vehicle was taken to the dealership where they changed the fuel pump, but since then every acceleration the vehicle jumps and wants to dye. After spending 1 month at their shop they declared they need to change main harness which is, you guessed it, on the national backorder with no ETA.
Toyota refuse to declare it as a lemon on grounds "We do not believe we failed to repair your vehicle"
It is already 6 month, now the case at the KY DA office.

So, yes, 2024 Tundra is junk for only one reason :It is the most American car. Even more American then ford, gmc etc.
It was developed in the US, build in the us, and now we have even longer line of not reliable tracks made in the US

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #15  
This premise is BS. The guy is talking about '22-'23 Tundras, not "New" Tundras.

The '24 went to an entirely different engine (Twin Turbo 6 vs the venerable V8).

In my lengthy experience with Toyotas, they tend to recall well beyond what is necessary. We once had a recall on our 1992 Camry...for a bushing...because it squeaked.

This guy is trying to make it more serious than it is. It's not about bearings at all.

21 was the last year of the V8. The twin turbo V6 started in 2022.

“PLANO, Texas (May 30, 2024)—Toyota is conducting a safety recall involving certain model year 2022–2023 Toyota Tundra and Lexus LX (conventional gas model only) vehicles in North America. Approximately, 102,000 Toyota and Lexus branded vehicles are involved in this recall in the U.S.

There is a possibility that certain machining debris may not have been cleared from the engine when it was produced. In the involved vehicles, this can lead to potential engine knocking, engine rough running, engine no start and/or a loss of motive power. A loss of motive power while driving at higher speeds can increase the risk of a crash.

Toyota is currently developing the remedy for this issue.”

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #18  
This premise is BS. The guy is talking about '22-'23 Tundras, not "New" Tundras.

The '24 went to an entirely different engine (Twin Turbo 6 vs the venerable V8).

In my lengthy experience with Toyotas, they tend to recall well beyond what is necessary. We once had a recall on our 1992 Camry...for a bushing...because it squeaked.

This guy is trying to make it more serious than it is. It's not about bearings at all.
1.Check your data
2. Sure, 100,000 vehicles are affected, not a problem, we made 160,000. It is only 62.5%, but who counts
3. I have absolutely different experience with CURRENT American Toyota Customer Service
4. In a private, out of records conversation with the service manager of one of the toyota dealerships, after i told hi that toyota is going to lose buyers he told me " Toyota does not care about the customer service, 10 ppl will sell toyota and buy ford, and 10 ford guys will buy toyota, they don't give dead rat's ass" So, times has changed, look outside, what do you see, America you have known, or a new America.

They have so much problems and absolutely no replacement parts, they are covered with the piles of s***t they are under. They even do not give you two keys because they just dont have them Forget about japan Toyota, meet new American Toyota.

Last edited:
   / New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #19  
Toyota owner here.
Owned multiple Camry's, corola's. Now i have 4runner i bought in 2009. It has 260K miles on it with not a single issue. Brakes, tires, oil and filter. that is it. Most reliable vehicles i cold imagine
Being absolutely happy with all of them i went and bought a new 2024 Tundra Platinum.

1. Wile driving home 4 out of 4 moldings on the doors fell of. They are on national backorder with no ETA
2. Next day i found a couple of spots were there was damage on the paint which were covered with the clear coat and very roughly polished. It was not the dealership fault because i took the possession of the vehicle 1 hour after it was delivered.
3. in less than 1k miles, while accelerating all warning light lit up and the motor died in the middle of freeway.
The vehicle was taken to the dealership where they changed the fuel pump, but since then every acceleration the vehicle jumps and wants to dye. After spending 1 month at their shop they declared they need to change main harness which is, you guessed it, on the national backorder with no ETA.
Toyota refuse to declare it as a lemon on grounds "We do not believe we failed to repair your vehicle"
It is already 6 month, now the case at the KY DA office.

So, yes, 2024 Tundra is junk for only one reason :It is the most American car. Even more American then ford, gmc etc.
It was developed in the US, build in the us, and now we have even longer line of not reliable tracks made in the US
Your spelling sucks btw. Keep in mind that while they are built here, all the profit goes to Japan. Me, I'll keep my Ford F350 Diesel. Only ever had one recall and it was handled in 5 minutes.

Japanese tractors are good, but Japanese trucks made in America are bad? Got it.