New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #21  
Name another manufacturer who has gone to such lengths to fix their problems.

Well, there is Ford.

Nearly every one of their 5.4L engines from 1997 to 2003 will eventually start blowing out spark plugs.
Then, from 2004 to 2007, the spark plugs broke in half (usually while being changed).

So, what did Ford do? Absolutely nothing... perhaps try to sell customers a new pickup.

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #22  
Your spelling sucks btw.
Thanks, it means everything else is good LOL.....I do it on purpose to irritate assholes.

Japanese tractors are good, but Japanese trucks made in America are bad? Got it.
Again, they have japanise name but tundras are 100% american car developed here, in america, built here in america.
It is even more american than ford or dodge or ram. This is the problem. I did not know it before i bought it.

Last edited:
   / New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #23  
I was a doctor at 13.

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #25  
Thanks, it means everything else is good LOL.....I do it on purpose to irritate assholes.
Don't irritate me at all. Just shows your grasp of the English language is poor or you don't take the time to correct your spelling.

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #26  
5030, i respect your bias on Jap rigs, which is similar to mine about nearly all domestic trucks these days, esp newer ones that about take a 2nd mortgage to purchase & loaded with technology that's expensive to maintain & repair.
Why I keep driving my 97 F350. It never sees snow or salt and will last me until I no longer need to drive. Been paid for for decades. I'm not to buy a new overpriced truck loaded with gadgets that will ultimately fail.

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #27  
with you on that. now for those younger & entering the workforce...
i feel for the current vehicle & housing market challenges.
going back to OP, wonder what the main bearing design that caused it to spin? looks like it will cost Tyotie beacoup

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #28  
I was thinking of going to a new Tundra but the V6 was what turned me off, if they still had the bullet proof V8 engine available I probably would have traded. As it is I will be staying with my 2010 Tundra that has been coast to coast and many places in between with a travel trailer on it's tail and it has been ABSOLUTELY perfect. Nothing done to it but regular service and a set of brake pads.

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #29  
21 was the last year of the V8. The twin turbo V6 started in 2022.
Man, I'm getting old...seems like those just came out. Mine's a 2017. Probably drive it until they take my license.

/ New Toyota Tundra’s Recalled for Spun Crank Bearing #30  
Your spelling sucks btw. Keep in mind that while they are built here, all the profit goes to Japan. Me, I'll keep my Ford F350 Diesel. Only ever had one recall and it was handled in 5 minutes.
"Too many people have yet to grasp the full implications of that, even in the twenty-first century. If the goods and services available to the American people are greater as a result of international trade, then Americans are wealthier, not poorer, regardless of whether there is a “deficit” or “surplus” in the international balance of trade."

– Thomas Sowell, 2015. Basic Economics, 5th Edition, p. 476-477