New tractor arriving this Friday. What do I need?

/ New tractor arriving this Friday. What do I need? #61  
Well thanks in large part to the great advice from you guys, I have a Kioti CK2610 arriving at the ranch this Friday....any accessories you could recommend? I'm thinking small (inexpensive) stuff like toolboxes and other trick hacks.....
Thanks!
Grease gun and 3 tubes of grease for starters. Sounds like your general use doesn't require ballast IN the tires but you may want to google 3pt hitch ballast to make a homemade counter balance for when you move heavier things in the Loader.
Back down hills when weighting bucket. Without front brakes, you will be slipping down the hill when the load takes all the weight off the rear tires.

Last edited:
   / New tractor arriving this Friday. What do I need? #62  
Having just purchased a new NX6020 dec 2021 New Zealand. Mid summer down here, with smaller flat land holding growing various crops.
My most used attachment is 4 way bucket for multiple uses and wood splitter and mower. Just another thought, if you're planning to build a new shed, what ever size you are thinking double that size. You can never build a shed too big.
20220129_081642.jpg

Last edited:
   / New tractor arriving this Friday. What do I need? #63  
Filters, oil and tools for the 50 hour service. Don't forget a drain pan large enough to hold the transmission fluid. Trying to swap a full 5 gallon bucket while oil is pouring out will probably make mess.
A shop manual.
If your tires are filed, a tire gauge for filled tires (it's spring loaded so it returns to zero when you take if off the valve stem, and ejects most of the liquid that can corrode or plug it up. With Rimguard I still need to rinse it out immediately or it will gum up).
Grease gun, grease (I use Lucas red #2) and a Lock'N'Lube. A battery grease gun is not needed for a single CUT. Lincoln makes good hand operated guns or you can get the Lock'N'Lube one which has some nice features.
Chains and shackles for pulling logs. I use a cable choker for the log, it grips well and is easy to push under the log.
If you're storing them on concrete you can make dollies for your implements so you can fit more into a space. HF casters and 2x4s/6s work.
Good advice here...especially on the trans fluid. I was surprised at the volume the first time I changed it on my JD755. some kind of blade is pretty essential. Box Blade or angled blade, both serve well for grading and snow removal as well as giving you some counterweight (assuming you have a FEL)

/ New tractor arriving this Friday. What do I need? #64  
You should ask your Dealer. I am surprized you asked those questions here and already have a Tractor ordered.

/ New tractor arriving this Friday. What do I need? #65  
Paulden actually. 3 years ago they had 2 ft of snow (just before we moved in) Last year, one big snow..... this year, none at all....I wish it would snow more.....
Careful what you wish for.

I bought a snow pusher and mounted it on my QA the snow held off for a 1 1/2 months then 20 inches overnight. Been snowing ever since.

Lock n Lube 4th that and a good grease gun and grease. Tractors have a crap ton of zirks they everywhere.

I bought a brush hog so I don't have to cut the grass every 3 days..

I have snatch straps always in my cab with a large clevis shackle mounted to my tow bar.

power washer to wash off the mud.

Time in the seat - prolly dont need to say it but yeah its fun.. Just dont break anything. Get a feel for your center of gravity so you dont roll it.

/ New tractor arriving this Friday. What do I need? #66  
Well thanks in large part to the great advice from you guys, I have a Kioti CK2610 arriving at the ranch this Friday....any accessories you could recommend? I'm thinking small (inexpensive) stuff like toolboxes and other trick hacks.....
Thanks!
Flail mower or bush hog

/ New tractor arriving this Friday. What do I need? #67  
"You can never build a shed too big."

Amen. In 2010 I built a 50 by 90 (that's 4,500sf) steel building. I looked at it and told myself I'd NEVER fill this dang thing up.

Guess what - I was wrong. It's full . . .

Best Regards,

Mike/Florida