New Tractor Day! - LS XR3135HC

/ New Tractor Day! - LS XR3135HC #1  

PJSprog

Elite Member
Tractor
LS XR3135HC
Our new XR3135HC was delivered today! Played around with it a bit this morning. Looking forward to playing ... er, I mean working ... some more this weekend. :D

IMG_0396.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG
Wife jumped in and drove it before I did.
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0401.JPG
Tucked away in it's new home.
IMG_0403.JPG
Even came with his & hers mesh caps!
IMG_0406.JPG

She's already started a list of "tractor jobs." :laughing: I think she's more excited than me. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0396[1].JPG
    IMG_0396[1].JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 204
   / New Tractor Day! - LS XR3135HC #2  
Nice looking tractor, looks familiar. I need to call my dealer, I didn't get hats. HA!

/ New Tractor Day! - LS XR3135HC #3  
You two guys are killin' me with all these "I got mine delivered already..." pics... :laughing:

Seriously though, a big CONGRATS to both of you... tractor envy to say the least! :cool2:

/ New Tractor Day! - LS XR3135HC #4  
Congrats on getting yours. Now you can start adding things like grab hooks on the bucket, more lighting, etc.
Your cab looks the same as mine. I kept hitting the mirror with my shoulder getting in the tractor. I made a bracket and relocated my mirrors 4" forward and 1" out further. If any of you new owners have that problem here's the link.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ls-tractor-owning-operating/326244-cab-mirrors-relocation.html

I also posted some pics in Scodemike's thread showing some differences between the 3037HC and 3135HC

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Day! - LS XR3135HC #5  
Congrats! My new tractor hit the 10 hour mark today. I'll check all the bolts etc tomorrow. I've been impressed thus far. Much nicer to work with than a Ford 3930.

/ New Tractor Day! - LS XR3135HC
Thanks, guys. We used it a bit over the 3-day weekend, and wow, what a difference it makes. I always joke that my wife works me like a Hebrew slave ... but now at least we're mechanized. :laughing:

We had some trees removed earlier in the summer, and the stump grinder left quite a mess. I spent some time leveling those areas, some mounds and some depressions.
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0408.JPG

The Wife decided yesterday that we should go ahead and start on the landscaping changes (... again!) to the side yard by the walkout basement. Not only was this handy for removing plant materials, but no more huffing bricks all over the place by hand!
IMG_0410.JPG

One thing I noted would be very beneficial would be the addition of a Ratchet Rake on the bucket. Going to order one of those this week. And yes, some hooks on the bucket would be handy, too.

I haven't had any issues yet with the placement of the mirrors, George. In fact, it arrived with them angled forward, and I moved them back to the next detent so they are out wider, but closer to the door swing, which just misses them.

I have but two criticisms so far:
1) Operation of the parking brake is incompatible with the right-side seat armrest in the down position, and
2) The 4-wheel lever is tricky to engage/disengage (and no indicator, as others have noted).

Overall, though, I really like this tractor. Very nice machine.

/ New Tractor Day! - LS XR3135HC #7  
I usually don't have the armrests down on mine and really haven't used them in the 2 1/2 years I've owned mine so no issue with applying the parking brake.
For 4WD I've found it best to have the front wheels straight and either engage while sitting still or just rolling. If I am moving and want 4WD I put steady pressure on the lever (mine pulls up to engage) and ease off the go pedal and it goes right in. I looked at the 4WD lever underneath mine and I'm trying to figure how to mount a micro switch to activate a dash mounted 4WD light. If I come up with something I'll be sure to post it for everyone else.

Too wet to do much this weekend after our late week deluge. However, I did order a Ratchet Rake and a Rip & Dig from the TBN Store last week. They were both delivered to me at work today.

I also picked up a KK 7' rear blade from our local Rural King on Saturday. Still waiting on the 5' KK rotary cutter, which they tell me is coming in with the next shipment.

Thanks. We're loving it so far.

Hope you get your issue resolved quickly.