New Tractor Dealer Expectations?

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #21  
Can anyone else please give me some info on my price quote? The dealer took 10% off the retail price for dealership discount. Also $1000.00 was deducted for cash instead of 0$ financing. Should I be happy with this price, or try to haggle him down? I need some input, cause I want to make the move.

Final price negotiations is best time to get good price on extras like additional rear remotes, etc.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations?
I'd like to know if I'm at that final price negotiation. The dealers price reflects a 10% discount of the retail. Is that all I can hope for?

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #23  
Ask the dealer if that's his best number? If so, start asking for his best price for add-ons like remotes, etc. If you wait until you own it your prices will be much higher.

Good luck.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations?
Not to be a smart-***, but asking a dealer if that's his best price is like asking a barber if you need a haircut.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #25  
chuck172,

While $18,000 is not terrible price, I would try to get the dealer to sweeten it a bit by throwing in a rear blade or rear remotes or a land pride quick hitch.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #26  
Can anyone else please give me some info on my price quote? The dealer took 10% off the retail price for dealership discount. Also $1000.00 was deducted for cash instead of 0$ financing.
Should I be happy with this price, or try to haggle him down?
I need some input, cause I want to make the move.

Did you build one on the website first? Most folks report 10-15% lower than that figure as a realistic price.

Have you visited other dealers, and gotten quotes on other machines? That's one of the best ways to negotiate....being able to say "I've also looked at X for $" and see if they'll work with you.

Reality is, when you look at a Deere, or Kubota, you're typically paying the most for a set amount of performance/capability (you could get a machine that has about 50% more performance by spending another $1K on another brand, or the same amount of performance for several thousand less), and pointing out those price/performance differences can give you a negotiating tool. Without something like that, you're just hoping they'll give you a good price, and you aren't really negotiating.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #27  
Not to be a smart-***, but asking a dealer if that's his best price is like asking a barber if you need a haircut.

You ask for advice then act like a smart ***** so I guess we should just keep going in circles? Let's try this one more time, ask him if that is best price, if he says yes then tell him you will think about it.

If you don't you will probably get a good haircut!

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #28  
You had mentioned Mahindra in your third post, there is a new Mahindra dealer in central Pa. called Rocky Ridge. The last time I drove past they had a decent selection of tractors sitting out front and who knows, they might be offering good deals. We also have a big Kioti dealer in Mifflinburg (Hoovers) that you might want to check out.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #29  
You ask for advice then act like a smart ***** so I guess we should just keep going in circles? Let's try this one more time, ask him if that is best price, if he says yes then tell him you will think about it.

If you don't you will probably get a good haircut!

Doesn't really sound like he's in to taking advice anyhow, it doesn't appear that he's even checked out any other brands or tractors.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #30  
Are there any new left-over Bobcat compact tractors in your neighborhood?

Last year, (I think Marshall's maybe not), had new Bobcat ct235 models at about $15,000.