New Tractor Dealer Expectations?

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #41  
chuck,

I had every color tractor dealer tired of seeing me. I crossed each off for different reasons. None were bad tractors. My choice of the Mahindra came from many reasons and my unique needs from a tractor.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #42  
chuck,

I think it can be safely said that Kubota tractors are what we all compare the other brands against. I am sure you will be very happy.

I don't think that's safe to say at all...plenty of folks would argue that Deere is still the standard. I don't necessarily agree with either.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #43  
I don't think that's safe to say at all...plenty of folks would argue that Deere is still the standard. I don't necessarily agree with either.

We have blue ones, orange ones and green ones. Happy with all of them.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #44  
GManBart,

Before Kubota began exporting tractors to America, there were few tractors that could be considered a Compact Utility. International's Cub would have been one of the few available.

I can remember in the early 80s asking people why they chose Kubota over Ford or Deere. They did not know that anyone else offered compact tractors then.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #45  
I compared them against each other for the brands in my area including a butt test. You have to do your work and go sit on them and test drive each one that fits your needs.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #46  
murphy,

I cannot agree more about the all important butt test.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #47  
GManBart,

Before Kubota began exporting tractors to America, there were few tractors that could be considered a Compact Utility. International's Cub would have been one of the few available.

I can remember in the early 80s asking people why they chose Kubota over Ford or Deere. They did not know that anyone else offered compact tractors then.

And that has nothing to do with the fact that the classic debate over Deere Vs. Kubota still remains. There are two sides that passionately believe their brand is "better" or the standard to which others are judged.

You said it was safe to say that everybody uses Kubota as the standard to compare to, and that isn't true...lots of folks claim the same thing, but substitute Deere as the standard to compare to.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #48  
Check out Hansens Equipment in Forest City, PA. They sell LS and Kioti, are family owned, and provide good service.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #49  
Check out Hansens Equipment in Forest City, PA. They sell LS and Kioti, are family owned, and provide good service.

Too late, the OP looked only at Kubota, bought Kubota and I am sure he will be happy with his purchase. The worst thing he could do now is go looking at other tractors and dealerships and get pricing. Almost without fail, if one does this, they WILL find a better deal somewhere else whether it be tractors, cars or lesser purchases.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #50  
GmanBart,

The last thing I wanted to do was stir up an arguement about tractors. They are all good tractors or they would no longer be in business.

Just for the record, when tractors are mentioned, John Deere and Kubota come to my mind only when talking 50 horsepower or less. When you cross that line Case-International is what comes to my mind first. Is C-IH better than the rest? Probably not. But, they are no worse and are a strong competitor world wide.