New Tractor Fuel additive

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #1  

cowbridge

Tractor
Kioti CK2610HST Woods BB60XC
This is my first new tractor.

I assume its ok to use red dye diesel?

What fuel additive, if any, is recommended? Kioti ck 2610.

Thanks

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #2  
Red dye is added to indicate no road tax was paid on the fuel. Fine for tractors unless you have plates on it. You probably don't need to worry about additives unless it gets below freezing or you store your fuel for a while. I add Power Service white bottle & a biocide to my 300 gallon tank. It lasts for a year or 2 & gets cold here in Colorado.

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #3  
Congrats on your new Tractor and welcome to TBN!

You did not say how you get your diesel fuel? Do you have a bulk storage tank or get it 5 gallons at a time? As Fallon stated the Red is just a dye to indicate non taxed off road fuel.

We have a 300 gallon tank and add Power Service silver bottle in summer and white bottle in winter. We use 600-700 gallons a year on average.

Here’s a product guide for Power Service Products.

Find My Product - Power Service

If you’re buying it 5 gallons at a time you probably don’t need anything unless it gets really cold there. Then maybe some PS white bottle or 911 anti-gel.

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #4  
I've been using red dyed #2 diesel (home heating fuel) for 14 years now in my tractors. I fill a 275 gallon tank and use Power Service white bottle. Temps go below 0 quite often here.

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #5  
Power Service:
Gray Bottle=Summer
White Bottle=Winter
Red Bottle 911=Just in case, winter

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #6  
Power Service:
Gray Bottle=Summer
White Bottle=Winter
Red Bottle 911=Just in case, winter
Summer/winter doesn't mean much if your fuel supply lasts the majority of a year or longer. If you are buying a 2 months of fuel or less, feel free to use the grey bottle, it lubes & improves cetane. The white bottle does the same thing & helps prevent fuel gelling. My tank lasts a year so I only use white bottle.

Everybody should have a bottle of red 911, but don't use it unless you have to. It's hard on the machine. But it will un-gell the fuel & get you back online. It's much better to get the proper winter blend of fuel and/or treat it with white bottle & avoid the need for red in the first place.

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #7  
Additives + using a Mr. Funnel fuel/water separating funnel will do a lot at reducing the water in diesel fuel.

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #8  
Buy GOOD QUALITY diesel from a fuel station that sells a fair amount of diesel and you don't need any additive!

I don't use any in ANY of my diesels, it just isn't needed.

SR

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #9  
Summer/winter doesn't mean much if your fuel supply lasts the majority of a year or longer. If you are buying a 2 months of fuel or less, feel free to use the grey bottle, it lubes & improves cetane. The white bottle does the same thing & helps prevent fuel gelling. My tank lasts a year so I only use white bottle.

Everybody should have a bottle of red 911, but don't use it unless you have to. It's hard on the machine. But it will un-gell the fuel & get you back online. It's much better to get the proper winter blend of fuel and/or treat it with white bottle & avoid the need for red in the first place.

That why I asked him if he had a bulk tank or bought fuel 5 gallons at a time. If he buys it by 5 gallons, fuel should always be correct blend for the season and probably needs nothing.

/ New Tractor Fuel additive #10  
Buy GOOD QUALITY diesel from a fuel station that sells a fair amount of diesel and you don't need any additive!

I don't use any in ANY of my diesels, it just isn't needed.

SR

I agree with this ...buy fuel from a reputable supplier and keep turning it over regularly(buy what you need short term vs storing for long periods) especially going from summer to winter.
Beyond that stay on the service interval for the fuel filters and all should be just fine.