New tractor, new adventures

/ New tractor, new adventures #1  

prof fate

Platinum Member
Tractor
kioti ck3510 Cub Cadet 149, 2146, Toro Zero Turn
Got a new GF after my divorce and she's got a 25 acre horse farm adn no tractor..always hired out the work.

I said that's dumb, picked up a 74 Kubota L175 and started adding implements.

I can sell it and pay off my car...so with all teh special deals on financing and such (and 20 acres of pastures to brush hog, a pile of manure to move, fences ot mend, etc) I bought a new Kioti CK3510 HST - should have it this weekend. Loader will be a lot of fun! as will all the HP, weight, 4 wheel drive.

Me on the old kubota last december.

post hole one.jpg

/ New tractor, new adventures #3  
prof fate
:welcome:to TBN congrats on the new CK3510 may it serve you well must post pictures when it arrives.

/ New tractor, new adventures #5  
:welcome: to TBN and congrats on your new investment. :thumbsup:

/ New tractor, new adventures #6  
Got a new GF after my divorce and she's got a 25 acre horse farm and no tractor..

I hope this isn't a rebound sort of thing. If you waited, you might have found a GF with a tractor, 25 acres and no horses :)

:welcome: to TBN and congrats on your new investment. :thumbsup:

Is the investment the girlfriend or the tractor? :confused3:

/ New tractor, new adventures
i've wanted a tractor like this for a long time - the older I get the more I want the tractor that do the work rather than my aging back!

I can pay others to brush hog, move manure, etc, etc - or I can do it myself and know it's done right..or at least on my schedule. Last year the brush hog guy made his first appearance in august..way late.

Up to this point it was cheap - kubota with mmm was $700...brush hog was 475..she paid over $1500 last year for brush hogging alone.

Horses are fun - and she's not got 'normal' horses - she used to compete in 3 day eventing and has 2 canadian warmbloods (from canada no less) that are 16 plus hands tall - big horses.
She has a clydesdale born there and she rides it. Yes, you can ride a clydesdale.
"my" horse is a halflinger 'pony' - a draft pony, 14.3 maybe, but 1200 pounds, rides, drives.
And she has a tenn walker that was given to her, he's the trail horse.

The warmbloods are leaving, a 3nd halflinger is likely coming - team driving, for trails, etc. The tenn walker will then go bye bye.

Plus enough boarders to pay for the feed for her horses.

And any excuse to get more 'toys' is always welcome. Most 'better halves' would be like "WHY do you need a new tractor???"...this one is "sure, go get a new tractor - how big do you think you need? Get one size bigger!"

:D

I'd have loved a CK4010SE with a cab...

Gonna find out what needs done to get that other 5hp from the CK35..same frame and enging..so computer or injectors or fuel pump...
I hope this isn't a rebound sort of thing. If you waited, you might have found a GF with a tractor, 25 acres and no horses :)

Is the investment the girlfriend or the tractor? :confused3:

/ New tractor, new adventures #8  
Got it. You know that all was in jest, right?

/ New tractor, new adventures
Got it. You know that all was in jest, right?

Yes, that's fine.

Her 'last' husband wasn't handy nor a farmer. My 'last' wife (first wife?.."last" can have several meanings..)wasn't 'agricultural' in nature either.

Now we have eachother - and would love to go farmsteading and ignore the 'modern' world.

I grew up watching grizzly adams - gimme a mountain top to myself and I'll be happy.

Now the real test for this farming thing is getting food off the land..my mother had a green thumb, I lack it - big time. She's had chickens (for eggs, to eat bugs) but now I talked her into turkeys - for food.
We've talked about pigs too...

KIlling we can do - 3 possums, 5 raccoons and a groundhog in the past 2 months..not for food though I hear groundhogs can be tasty.

/ New tractor, new adventures #10  
Congrats on your new Kioti!

:)