New tractor owner- MF231

/ New tractor owner- MF231
The Pats quick hitch should fit. I prefer a U frame style quick hitch, it has been hashed over here a million times pats vs u frame, there are pros and cons to each.
Also a bush hog can be heavy. Your 231 does not have any weights on the front so it could be a light front causing your steering problems if they still persist. A quick hitch will extend the load further back causing the steering to be worse.
The slowly turning pto indicates that there is some drag on the PTO disc. It could be out of adjustment. Under the tractor is an access plate that you can adjust the clutch through.
Fuel filter does not look too bad. Its equal to a CAV7111-296 or a Baldwin BF825.

Thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards Pat's because I'm starting from scratch on implements and buying something old and not the right length is possible.

Steering issue has been resolved. The rear diff had frozen and some soaking in PB Blaster freed it up.

I contacted the pervious owner and he was running dyed fuel hence the color so as you said it doesn't look too bad knowing that.

The PTO I'll look up on YouTube to see if that's something I can do myself.

/ New tractor owner- MF231 #22  
Thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards Pat's because I'm starting from scratch on implements and buying something old and not the right length is possible.

Steering issue has been resolved. The rear diff had frozen and some soaking in PB Blaster freed it up.

I contacted the pervious owner and he was running dyed fuel hence the color so as you said it doesn't look too bad knowing that.

The PTO I'll look up on YouTube to see if that's something I can do myself.

What did you find out about the PTO? I’m just curious. I’ve had my 1998 MF 231 for 18 years. Love it!

/ New tractor owner- MF231
What did you find out about the PTO? I’m just curious. I’ve had my 1998 MF 231 for 18 years. Love it!

I haven't fixed it. It actually went down with a fuel problem I haven't sorted out either and I just parked it and have been using something else till I have time to tear it down.