New tractor owner

/ New tractor owner #11  
3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!

Your going to love your new LS.

/ New tractor owner
One suggestion unless there's something we're not seeing in that picture. Next time you put it on a trailer, tie the tractor itself down, not just the attached implements.

It was strapped forwards and to the back as well.

/ New tractor owner #13  
My cousin has a soft cab from Original Tractor Cab and really likes it. Regarding attachments, check with your local Tractor Supply, Farm and Fleet, Agri-Supply, Rural King, etc. Typical first attachments include:

Rear Blade
Rotary Mower (rough cut mower)
Tiller
Landscape Rake
Forks

Original Tractor Cab LS Tractors Hard Top Cab

The OTC soft cab is a great buy for winter use. Depending on the amount of snow removal, look into a front blade (snow plow) or a snow blower. Using the loader and/or back blade gets old real quick.

/ New tractor owner #14  
It was strapped forwards and to the back as well.
Yes, but it was strapped to the loader and the boxblade..... both will "move"... or since they are strapped down, just the tractor (where all the weight is) will move. What DigginIt was trying to say is the tractor itself must be strapped/tied down. The implements will just go for the ride....

/ New tractor owner #15  
And congrats on the new toy.... ehhh, I mean tractor! It is a little workhorse for sure!

/ New tractor owner #17  
Yes, but it was strapped to the loader and the boxblade..... both will "move"... or since they are strapped down, just the tractor (where all the weight is) will move. What DigginIt was trying to say is the tractor itself must be strapped/tied down. The implements will just go for the ride....
Just to pick this nit , both the loader and the box are attached to that tractor one hell of lot more strongly than any tiedown strap or chain has the capacity to exceed. Tie downs attached to the implements is often every bit as good as to the tractor itself. With some variations of course.

/ New tractor owner #18  
Nice rig! I'm curious how you'll like those tires in the snow. My Deere came with industrial/construction treads, and it has very poor traction on snow. I have to drive to the top of the hill first and then use the blade going downhill only. Even driving up the hill "empty" and in 4WD is a struggle. Wishing I had regular ag treads. Get other opinions, but since it's new you might want to inquire about swapping the tires.

/ New tractor owner #19  
Man I sure agree on the tires! I went to AG tires on one of my Kubota's of very similar size for snow blowing and it was a huge change. The difference between needing chains vs not needing chains.