New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,391  
I am in the process of getting a new roof. 2 weeks ago, I had 4 estimates. I chose the company I wanted and they will begin Monday the 20th.
We are having pluming work done, some new faucets, etc. I called on the 15th. he will be here the 21st.
No trouble at all getting work done around here.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,392  
Unemployment only lasts for so many weeks. How do you get indefinite financial support?
Section 8 housing, food stamps, and similar public assistance. I worked as a cashier at Walmart for a period of time between jobs where WIC and "food stamps" were abused as well.

I personally had customers who spent ~$200 on groceries with WIC and "food stamps" who then paid ~$600 for beer, wine, and cigarettes in cash. If they can afford that much alcohol and tobacco, why are they on public assistance to buy food for their kids?

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,393  
I am in the process of getting a new roof. 2 weeks ago, I had 4 estimates. I chose the company I wanted and they will begin Monday the 20th.
We are having pluming work done, some new faucets, etc. I called on the 15th. he will be here the 21st.
Living in east bum fudge has it's advantages...:p

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,394  
Section 8 housing, food stamps, and similar public assistance. I worked as a cashier at Walmart for a period of time between jobs where WIC and "food stamps" were abused as well.

I personally had customers who spent ~$200 on groceries with WIC and "food stamps" who then paid ~$600 for beer, wine, and cigarettes in cash. If they can afford that much alcohol and tobacco, why are they on public assistance to buy food for their kids?
I have a cardinal rule and that is, I don't rent to insolvent people and no section 8's either. They have no respect for other's property.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,395  
Sorry, that will not get you SSI. Perhaps he has a disability that prevents him from being able to read and write? Even that doesn't automatically get you in.
I know of a few people who get SSI because of their kid's disabilities, mostly drug-related but, a couple are fetal alcohol syndrome.

Some of the volunteer education-oriented programs I have worked really introduced me to some of the best and worst of society.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,396  
Ilon Musk says do;n't buy anything for 18 months.

In Fond du Lac Wisconsin the welfare man got a
snowmobile for a family and the husband was
making over $50K per year this is back in the 70's
I also seen a couple with two heaping shipping
carts full of lobster and paid with food stamps.

willy

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,397  
Maybe, I see what I see though. A friend that owns an ice cream shop goes through applicants like crazy (these teenagers want a job, get hired on say Wed then dont think they need to work weekends). Another owns a couple car dealerships, can’t keep mechanics on the payroll. They get hired but don’t stay off their phone long enough to learn anything so maybe 1 out of 5 will be sent to the dealership schools. My kids co is experiencing a pretty high turnover too between dui’s, domestic violence, etc. I know 2 of my kids friends have bs degrees without a job. One other is working as an administrative assistant until she can land something better with her mba. Another has a masters degree in education and spent 18 months trying to get hired as a teacher.
Not sure what’s going on, people say they can’t hire but IMO, they aren’t really looking to.
Every state and every school board is recruiting teachers. Anyone who has an education degree and can’t get a job has something sketchy in their background or a real lack of initiative. My daughter in law had 12 job offers after graduating with her education degree within a month of graduating.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,398  
Contractors are so backed up in my area that they are scheduling estimate appointments 5 and 6 weeks out. Our well guy came last week on a Sunday to do some work on our controller, because his regular work week was scheduled out 3 weeks. He came on a Sunday simply because he is a friend who installed the system.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,399  

There’s no doubt that there are low life’s and abuse, but none of those programs are infinite. Don’t they only get so many months before they are off the program? Excluding SS disability.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,400  
I was told by a young active man that he gets SSI because he can't read or write. I didn't recognize any disability. I guess that's one way.
I know SSI is very difficult to get. My wife has a terminal neurological condition. It took letters and diagnosis from several doctors and several months to get approval for SSI disability.

Status
Not open for further replies.