/ Expected Depreciation in Used Tractors? #11  
Why (Unless needed for the tax deduction) would anyone buy anything new? Serious question. I've bought new before but the best buys are always used.
I bought my 3033R new. Reasons were that the cost really wasn't an issue, I was able to order it with exactly the options I wanted, I'm too picky about condition and appearance, and I didn't need to waste time hunting for a good used specimen. At the time I was working a job that left me very little free time, and our income was at a level where time was worth more than the few dollars saved by going used.

But I've been on the other side of that fence more than once in my life, conditions change with time and circumstances.

/ Expected Depreciation in Used Tractors? #12  
Depreciation in Used Tractors. . . That’s a Good One. Not in today’s Crazy Days.

1671147503602.gif

/ Expected Depreciation in Used Tractors? #13  
There has been almost 40% of inflation since 2007 / 08 so $17,000 back then would be close to $24,000 today's money.

Now, you have me wondering how many people take inflation into account when referring to past events and was this a good deal?

261C87AA-13B7-46D2-A059-02DA87263733.jpeg

/ Expected Depreciation in Used Tractors? #14  
I believe the panic is over. I have begun looking for a nice CUT and see both options available. Been to several dealers, can buy one new, they have stock or few years old or older older ones that may need a few things.
There are still some ads for some brands like JD and Bobcat smaller units for mid 35k when new is way less. Good luck with that cause I still see them for sale weeks later.
But on Facebook Marketplace I see prices being slashed as they are not selling for crazy anymore at least in Midwest.

/ Expected Depreciation in Used Tractors? #15  
Why (Unless needed for the tax deduction) would anyone buy anything new? Serious question. I've bought new before but the best buys are always used.
Because I didn't want to buy something that someone like my former neighbor used to own.

He basically had a battering ram with a seat. He also like to go twenty feet and shut it off piddle for 30 seconds and hop back on and start it again. He'd take his lawn mower in the woods to mow down sapplings and then bring it over asking why when he engaged the blades it stalled. When I'd say your blades are bent and jammed into to deck, he'd say, oh, they must be defective. It's under warranty, I'll have the dealer come and get it.

Last edited:
   / Expected Depreciation in Used Tractors? #17  
Used older ones are selling for more money now than I paid for brand new. Good condition used ones are like finding sasquatch.
Asking, or actually selling? I see a lot of crazy asking prices on cars, some people confuse those for selling prices, in casual conversation.

/ Expected Depreciation in Used Tractors? #18  
I managed to find a new UTV last year. Used were going for new prices. A year later my dealer asked if I'd like to sell my unit for more than I paid for it.

I guess I am confused. Doesn't make much sense to me.

/ Expected Depreciation in Used Tractors? #19  
I managed to find a new UTV last year. Used were going for new prices. A year later my dealer asked if I'd like to sell my unit for more than I paid for it.

I guess I am confused. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Supply and demand. They have more buyers than units available to sell. Same thing happened with cars in 2021, I had a buy-back offer on our 2020 Durango R/T, for exactly what I had paid for it a year earlier.

/ Expected Depreciation in Used Tractors? #20  
Supply and demand. They have more buyers than units available to sell. Same thing happened with cars in 2021, I had a buy-back offer on our 2020 Durango R/T, for exactly what I had paid for it a year earlier.
A good lengthy recession might sort things out a bit. Unfortunately Governments like massive inflation because it magically makes their debts and foolish spending smaller.