New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,931  
It’s amazing how cheap the Chinese labor must be.
I bought some 145lb wheel weights a few years back and they were made in China.

So the wheel weights are so much cheaper that even despite their weight, they can be shipped 6000 miles around the world and still be cheaper made in China than made in the USA.

Makes you wonder how much they pay their labor there??? Do they even pay them? 🤷‍♂️
The Chinese labor cost is rising fast in fact. For example a regular welding worker monthly salary is 1000usd per month 5 years ago, now it's almost double and 2000usd per month. I know it's still much cheaper than US welding worker, I just want you know the labor cost here is rising really fast.

The manufacturing is using more technology to rise the efficiency. For example the rim of car wheel, I m 100% sure many of its manufacturing works are done by robot in the factory now. Those giant factories all want to be a light-out factory. They are amazing.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,932  
I wonder how the Chinese measure their standard of living now versus 40/50 years ago?
40/50 years ago, the Chinese people's good living standard includes:
1. Keep away from starvation, I remember when I was a little boy, we were so happy during the new year vacation because there were many meat food than usual.
2. Have a small home, no need too big just warm.
3. A car? No, that's too far away from us regular people at that time, the biggest wedding gift from my dad to my mom was a bike, that cost him several months salary.
4. TV and telephone? There wasn't for us at that time, they came to us in 1990's, and really expensive too.

Just some reference to TBNer here.

At last, I think we are talking too off from the topic of this thread, please pull it back to the way.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,933  
Probably as going in the opposite direction of ours?

Also, may want to consult the Uighurs

It kind of sounds like the Chinese are busily doing to the Uighurs what the USA did & are doing to their Native Americans.

It makes me wonder if there is a Chinese Tractor Forum where the members are outraged by the treatment the US gives their native people....

rScotty

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,934  
It kind of sounds like the Chinese are busily doing to the Uighurs what the USA did & are doing to their Native Americans.

It makes me wonder if there is a Chinese Tractor Forum where the members are outraged by the treatment the US gives their native people....

And if so, they are probably saying something like, "Let them build their own microwaves - if they even know how to anymore."
rScotty
Hogwash. Native Americans are hardly enslaved in sweatshops building your throw away junk. Do you see native Americans in prison camps like this rscotty?

1683465080490.jpeg

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,935  
40/50 years ago, the Chinese people's good living standard includes:
1. Keep away from starvation, I remember when I was a little boy, we were so happy during the new year vacation because there were many meat food than usual.
2. Have a small home, no need too big just warm.
3. A car? No, that's too far away from us regular people at that time, the biggest wedding gift from my dad to my mom was a bike, that cost him several months salary.
4. TV and telephone? There wasn't for us at that time, they came to us in 1990's, and really expensive too.

Just some reference to TBNer here.

At last, I think we are talking too off from the topic of this thread, please pull it back to the way.

I remember when our family got our first real transportation. My brother had not yet been born, so the year had to be 1952. One cold winter - so cold I still remember it - we bought Dad a bicycle so he didn't have to walk to work. It was black with chrome levers. Very exciting & to this day I can remember watching out the window as he wobbled down the icy road and off to work.

He looked so funny peddling off each day that I still laugh at the mental picture.
A really huge - 6'4, 250 lb - guy on that tiny black 3 speed bicycle He said it was the biggest one made. But then he said that about everything he had.
rScotty

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,936  
Hogwash. Native Americans are hardly enslaved in sweatshops building your throw away junk. Do you see native Americans in prison camps like this rscotty?

View attachment 799299
Different people; different kinds of sweatshops; different problems. Same thing, though.
We might want to walk a mile in all their shoes before deciding what to believe.

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,937  
Different people; different kinds of sweatshops; different problems. Same thing, though.
We might want to walk a mile in all their shoes before deciding what to believe.
It’s NOT the same rscotty. It’s not even close.

You think it’s comparable to be a Native American in the US with being imprisoned in a slave labor camp in china?

That’s a real insult to the millions of suffering Uighurs imprisoned in barbed wire and forced to work for nothing.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,938  
It’s NOT the same rscotty. It’s not even close.

You think it’s comparable to be a Native American in the US with being imprisoned in a slave labor camp in china?

That’s a real insult to the millions of suffering Uighurs imprisoned in barbed wire and forced to work for nothing.
I know nothing definite about the Uighur situation and am surprised that you do. I have no idea what kinds of things that they would consider an insult. The indigenous people I know don't feel at all the same way about comparisons and insults that outsiders do.

What I said was that what we hear of China's treatment of the Uighur sounds eerily similar to the history of the indigenous people's treatment here.

That, and wondering if the Chinese version of TBN also "flips the perspective" on the way that Chinese tractor owners view the world outside their own country.

For anyone concerned about indigenous people, there is probably enough oppportunity for everyone right here at home.

rScotty

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,940  
I know nothing definite about the Uighur situation and am surprised that you do. I have no idea what kinds of things that they would consider an insult. The indigenous people I know don't feel at all the same way about comparisons and insults that outsiders do.

What I said was that what we hear of China's treatment of the Uighur sounds eerily similar to the history of the indigenous people's treatment here.

That, and wondering if the Chinese version of TBN also "flips the perspective" on the way that Chinese tractor owners view the world outside their own country.

For anyone concerned about indigenous people, there is probably enough oppportunity for everyone right here at home.

rScotty

Well, I do and so do many other Americans. You should read up on it and become enlightened. These people are in work camps being forced to make things for punishment of their religious beliefs. Comparing Native Americans to imprisoned work camp slaves is quite a uniformed comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.