New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #21  
Noticing the same
Inventory has mostly caught up.
Dealers and private sellers prices will drop noticeably as many buyers are driven off to the sidelines due to higher interest rates. .This will cause a glut in inventory since demand will drop.
Throw in a collapsing economy, horrible economic policy and record 41 year inflation and 100%-200% increase in fuel prices and you will have a buyers market for cash buyers. Financed purchases may at least get somewhat lower purchase prices to offset higher lending rates
I’m all in with cash… Im so glad I waited this out

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #23  
A year ago I would think paying cash was ill advised. Not now. Spend the money on what you need now (not nice to have) additions to make life easier now and in the future.
A year ago buying with cash was a bad idea. Rates are getting into the range that spending cash may be better. Holding cash is the worst thing to do in an inflationary cycle. Invest it or spend it. Every day you hold it, it loses value.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #25  
A year ago buying with cash was a bad idea. Rates are getting into the range that spending cash may be better. Holding cash is the worst thing to do in an inflationary cycle. Invest it or spend it. Every day you hold it, it loses value.
Doesn’t seem to be many investment opportunities today. Stocks and bonds are both in the toilet.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #26  
A local credit union ad all week.

11 month CD at 3.5%

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #28  
Doesn’t seem to be many investment opportunities today. Stocks and bonds are both in the toilet.

Precious metals, too. Real estate market poised to collapse. Every investment is in the toilet, unless you’re an “insider”.
Add to that 41 year high inflation and the highest fuel prices in history and we have the worst economic forecast of my lifetime.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #29  
Every time Real Estate collapsed in the 39 years I have managed residential rentals the rent market has remained strong or flat.

It seems single family is always in demand and I have very low turn overs with the longest tenant going back to 1987.

Of course past performance is not a guarantee of future performance.

As interest rates rise gold seems to move the other way...

41 years ago things were bleak for new grads but somehow we all managed even with home mortgage rates heading towards 15%

My first mortgage was at 13.5 % and the folks thought it nuts but it was about the same as renting not counting my down payment and as rates dropped my home went up and no cost refi let me take advantage of the lower rates...

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #30  
Still nowhere near the current rate of inflation though.
Very true but it's been awhile since I've seen any upward movement in rates...

My checking account monthly interest was pennies and often single digit!

Status
Not open for further replies.