New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,291  
Yeah it's not trending well at all.

I've seen people on this thread try to compare today's economy to that of interest rates and economy 25 - 30 years ago.

It's not the static (point in time) comparison that I'm concerned about it's the trend that we're in.

Throw into the mix the current climate of economic catastrophe, funding a war with Russia and spending all this money and it all looks very bleak.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,293  
I laugh at all those that think zero percent interest is free.
Figure out this puzzle, zero percent interest, or 5000 dollars off.
Unfortunately now the sellers are not offering the 5K off any more, but trying to make even the cash buyers pay the hidden interest.
I,m finally starting to see private sellers adds which states they cann,t afford to make payments any more. Unfortunately, a lot of those sellers are upside down on their loans, so they are going to take a financial beating if they want to get out of them.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,294  
I was talking to a guy yesterday who had a nice compact track loader and drum mulcher that he used to clear the farm next to mine last year. He said he used a leaf blower to blow out the debris from his CTL every three or four hours, but he was doing another job later in the year where he saw a fire start in the machine. Thought he had it put out with a fire extinguisher, but the fire came back and burned the whole thing. He thought it might have been caused by the emissions system that he said ran cherry red hot while in operation. When he looked at replacement equipment, it was going to be $175K, but all he could find was used stuff that people were asking new prices for. So he didn't replace his equipment.

I've been considering buying myself, but have reservations about the cost. After hearing that his machine may have caught fire because of the heat from the emissions system and debris from mulching, that put the nail in the coffin for me. The cost itself is bad enough, detest the emissions system, but heck if the emissions system may cause my investment to go up in flames, no way.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,296  
I was talking to a guy yesterday who had a nice compact track loader and drum mulcher that he used to clear the farm next to mine last year. He said he used a leaf blower to blow out the debris from his CTL every three or four hours, but he was doing another job later in the year where he saw a fire start in the machine. Thought he had it put out with a fire extinguisher, but the fire came back and burned the whole thing. He thought it might have been caused by the emissions system that he said ran cherry red hot while in operation. When he looked at replacement equipment, it was going to be $175K, but all he could find was used stuff that people were asking new prices for. So he didn't replace his equipment.

I've been considering buying myself, but have reservations about the cost. After hearing that his machine may have caught fire because of the heat from the emissions system and debris from mulching, that put the nail in the coffin for me. The cost itself is bad enough, detest the emissions system, but heck if the emissions system may cause my investment to go up in flames, no way.
Buy a pre-emissions piece.
That’s what I have done so far.
If you look hard, there are still some private sales that are reasonable.

I may buy my first emissions tractor because the choices for pre emissions are getting thinner with each passing year, and you are right, prices are crazy high

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,297  
Don't know if this is true or not but I heard that
the silicon bank gave all employe's a hefty pay
bonus just before they went belly up!

willy

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,298  

Now let me get this straight..... This guy was using a leaf blower to force air across mulch debris on the tractor while the machine it was still hot, it caught fire, and he blames the emissions system?
Does something seem wrong with that picture to you?

rScotty

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,299  

willy
When I hear "true or not", I just sort of automatically assume "not".

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,300  
There were also a lot of withdrawals from important people from a certain political party 😏 There was a list published yesterday with amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.