New Tractor: Three Point Hitch Came Apart (see pictures)

/ New Tractor: Three Point Hitch Came Apart (see pictures) #12  
I have basically the same tractor , and mine loosens up with use if you dont keep the jam nut tight. It looks like your 3 pt lift arm is bent also , these are very soft steel and bend easy , i know my neighbor has bent mine several times when borrowing my tractor.

/ New Tractor: Three Point Hitch Came Apart (see pictures) #13  
I have basically the same tractor , and mine loosens up with use if you dont keep the jam nut tight. It looks like your 3 pt lift arm is bent also , these are very soft steel and bend easy , i know my neighbor has bent mine several times when borrowing my tractor.
You are way nicer than I am.

/ New Tractor: Three Point Hitch Came Apart (see pictures) #14  
I know but we grew up together and our wives are good friends , so i grin and bear it. Funny his family quit loaning him things years ago. I wonder why.

/ New Tractor: Three Point Hitch Came Apart (see pictures) #15  
One added thing I have done. One at a time - remove each/every wheel nut - a daub of Blue Loktite - re torque each nut. For me, a half day job - 56 wheel nuts in total.
Kind of made me think abut the gal that lives across the way, She cam down the road yesterday driving her golf cart and I listen to the unmistakable sound of loose lug nuts. Of course she paid no attention and frankly neither did I. She had the radio on full blast.

Looked this morning and there it sits in the side yard on 3 wheels. her hubby can fix it I guess.

/ New Tractor: Three Point Hitch Came Apart (see pictures) #16  
It's possible that the only dealership sin is that they didn't tighten the jam nut and during those 10 hours of use, you didn't notice that the right side was quite a bit lower than the (fixed) left side until it backed all the way out, hit the ground and after dragging it around for a while, you backed up still unaware.
Now I'm not pointing fingers and most certainly have my share of dumb mistakes and have done worse, but familiarity and understanding what does what and the "what if's" will serve you well. 👍
It also may be the those parts are factory installed rather than the dealership. It is hard to imagine why those heavy items that don't really make the tractor a bigger "cube" for shipping would be shipped loose.

/ New Tractor: Three Point Hitch Came Apart (see pictures) #17  
All of the linkage should be checked frequently by the operator. I have found my equipment lasts much longer if I make no assumptions that all is well. Walk around your tractor frequently and get to know your tractor.

/ New Tractor: Three Point Hitch Came Apart (see pictures) #18  
I've taken delivey of 5 tractors from the same dealer. On all everything was tight and well greased

Andy

/ New Tractor: Three Point Hitch Came Apart (see pictures) #19  
Very sorry to see this on your new tractor but it Seems like a rather poor design, it should have been designed so it couldn’t work it’s way loose all by itself

/ New Tractor: Three Point Hitch Came Apart (see pictures) #20  
it should have been designed so it couldn’t work it’s way loose all by itself

All turnbuckles work the same way, and all are vulnerable to coming undone if not locked. It is very low operator burden to check that they're suitably locked, as compared to a potentially complex and expensive mechanism to lock them. I have often found that complex and expensive locking mechanisms (and I see a lot of them on airplanes) will wear/fail/seize, and not release when needed. You end up breaking it off, and replacing it with the more simple version that you wish you'd had from in the first place.

If, on a machine, particularly one which works outside in the dirt, a mechanism can be simple, operated with a wrench (or Visegrips), and is very low cost to repair if I let it seize, that's what I want, and I'm prepared to do daily checks to assure security, rather than suffer frustration and expense when the automatic complex thing fails.