New tractor transmission type

/ New tractor transmission type #12  
Somehow, I don't think if I were sitting up in that cab, spinning forwards and backwards, blowing chaff out from the radiator, I'd much care about the name. Besides, Coyote???

/ New tractor transmission type #13  
Those Claas tractors are very much used I road maintenance

Claas Xerion 3800 og Slagkraft kantklipper: http://youtu.be/rvUcVHO9BS8

/ New tractor transmission type #14  
I assume you know it is built for Claas by Carraro and uses a FPT engine. The English śpecs don't explain the difference very well. They say the twin shift is a 2 stage power shift push button select which I assume means 2 ranges of 12 power shift speeds each but the chart shows a 3 range of 8 speeds each interesting because it doesn't match any of the Carraro models but Claas talks about how much of their engineering went into the tractor design.

/ New tractor transmission type #15  
Yes, its quite sad that many tractor manufacturer's models are all most pure badge engineering, they buy complete drive train, hydraulics and engine from a few suppliers.

/ New tractor transmission type #16  
Nothing wrong with a shuttle shift

Orchard work doen't take a lot of flexibility, but setting a speed to match the operation makes everything so much more predictable.

Fixed gear shines in that application.

Hydrostatic is best for "loader work". Variable speed within the task. That does NOT match orchard needs in my experience.

/ New tractor transmission type #17  
I personally do not see the need for HST in a tractor designed for orchard work, perhaps unless you have steep ground and make repetitive/frequent stops, or move from forward to reverse in a frequent manner. You will probably use the tractor for bush hogging, and tanker pulling for spaying purposes. You may even choose not to have a loader... Landini is one good tractor manufacturer you may want to look at, as they too make dedicated orchard tractors.

/ New tractor transmission type #18  
.... so the price tag seems right, whatever it is. $250,000? Just guessing.

More, as in a lot more.

The Case steiger 620 runs about $450,000, and this looks like its a little more. I'm thinking in the full optioned model shown in the video would cost about $550,000. Yeah, lot of money. Try to explain to the wife why you need a tractor that cost more than twice as much as the house:laughing:

As for the Coyote, its better than Deer:thumbsup: