New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #41  
I'd love to have a tractor that does 32mph, but I'd have to have a license plate on it around here. If we go over 25, must be licensed.
Haha. My memory of 'highways' up in your part of the country is 35 is the average speed. Heck, if you go 75 back there you'll be out of state in under an hour.

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #42  
They bumped our max speed with an SMV up to 36 mph 2 or 3 years ago.

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor
I'd love to have a tractor that does 32mph, but I'd have to have a license plate on it around here. If we go over 25, must be licensed.
What kinda place does THAT?

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor
That's because they are too damn busy trying to make a living with their machines. I'm sure there are AG specific forums where machine repair, performance, etc. are discussed along with the many other things a farmer must deal with to stay above water. Look up "right to repair" for example.

It's kind of hard for someone who is farming several hundred, or more, acres to relate to someone who has a family garden or a few cattle or horses like a lot of us here.

Some of what you say is true. Decided many years ago that my life has more meaning than just work. I don’t begrudge or demean anyone who wants to work all the time, but when my kids were born, I decided to play as big of a role in their lives as possible.….might make a little less money, but NOTHING can replace the years spent with them…NOTHING.
I wasnt going to be a farmer who lived his whole life for farming/working. Screw that.

I can relate to people from all walks of life-anyone who loves God family & country, stays true to himself, and respects the sacrifices of our forefathers.

I have broken equipment all over the place. It’s really frustrating, but love what I do and enjoy relating to others, sharing stories and helping people with problems.

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #46  
What kinda place does THAT?
Sadly my home state of Massachusetts. They insist on registering almost everything including things like a splitter if you tow it on the road and a standard TLB driven to job site over the road. I miss the geography, but not the overbearing regulation.

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #47  
Sadly my home state of Massachusetts. They insist on registering almost everything including things like a splitter if you tow it on the road and a standard TLB driven to job site over the road. I miss the geography, but not the overbearing regulation.
They don't call it tax-a-chusetts for nothing!!

SR

Last edited:
   / New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #49  
Haha. My memory of 'highways' up in your part of the country is 35 is the average speed. Heck, if you go 75 back there you'll be out of state in under an hour.
Interstate 90 & 91, I can usually do 65 and get passed like I'm up on blocks!

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #50  
Interstate 90 & 91, I can usually do 65 and get passed like I'm up on blocks!
It is all relative. We have a highway in Texas where the limit is 85. If you are not going 80 on most highways out here, you will be passed frequently.