New Wildkat Grapple

/ New Wildkat Grapple #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Just received my new Wildkat Grapple. I've got to get some couplings to get it working but its finally here. Please take a look at my pictures an let me know if you think I hve enough pin in to keep from losing the grapple. It looks pretty good leaning forward but has much less when sitting level. Not sure if it needs shimming or not. Thanks for everyone's help in ordering the grapple.
RJ

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1038.jpg
    IMG_1038.jpg
    618.5 KB · Views: 291
   / New Wildkat Grapple
Thanks. It's amazing how much fund a couple of hundred pounds of steel can be. Kinda like Chrismas has come early. :)

/ New Wildkat Grapple #4  
Doesn't look like there is enough wiggle room for that thing to come loose. I dont think you will have anything to worry about.

Have fun.. You will find that you have that on the FEL more then the bucket.

Wedge

/ New Wildkat Grapple #5  
With your loader off the ground & the grapple bottom sticking straight out, are the sloped surfaces of the pins in contact with the grapple's securing surfaces? If so, I think you're good to go. It looks like the pin thickness at the point of contact (assuming there is contact), is thicker than the steel that makes up your grapple, & probably your loader, too, & I think the pin is hardened, so I don't think it would be the weak spot (ie something else would break first).

I dunno if you read about my mini-saga, but mine had a 3/8" - 7/16" gap :( allowing for a lot of grapple bucket play/ movement.

Here's the gap, along with a sketch of the plate that was welded on to take up the gap:

238884d1322112827-grapple-research-tentative-conclusion-what-1.jpg

Here's the actual plate welded on:

238994d1322176623-grapple-research-tentative-conclusion-what-2.jpg

The painted final mod:

238996d1322176623-grapple-research-tentative-conclusion-what-4.jpg

/ New Wildkat Grapple
With your loader off the ground & the grapple bottom sticking straight out, are the sloped surfaces of the pins in contact with the grapple's securing surfaces?

I did read about your situation which is why I was asking for you guys to put your eyes on this one. My middle picture above is with the grapple sitting horizontal and about three feet off the ground and I have about half the grooved part of the pin sticking through. So I think I have a little more than you but I'd feel better if it stuck all the way through in this position. I'll be careful and watch it when I start using it.

Did your have about 6 feet of hose on the grapple? Mine is pretty long. Do you have any pics of how you routed them?
Thanks

Last edited:
   / New Wildkat Grapple #7  
With your loader off the ground & the grapple bottom sticking straight out, are the sloped surfaces of the pins in contact with the grapple's securing surfaces?

I did read about your which is why I was asking for you guys to put your eyes on this one. My middle picture above is with the grapple sitting horizontal and about three feet off the ground and I have about half the grooved part of the pin sticking through. So I think I have a little more than you but I'd feel better if it stuck all the way through in this position. I'll be careful and watch it when I start using it.

Did your have about 6 feet of hose on the grapple? Mine is pretty long. Do you have any pics of how you routed them?
Thanks

Remember I only bought the bottom half of the grapple, no top, no hydraulics - basically just a heavy duty debris fork.

/ New Wildkat Grapple
Remember I only bought the bottom half of the grapple, no top, no hydraulics - basically just a heavy duty debris fork.

I do remember that now.
Thanks

/ New Wildkat Grapple #9  
From the pics it looks ok, with the grapple loaded you should be good. What happens when you roll the grapple with the loader control? An slop?

/ New Wildkat Grapple #10  
Your Grapple looks great!
It looks like you have plenty of pin sticking through the bracket to hold it on.

I just ordered a WildKat grapple on Tuesday. I ordered the one with the rock bucket bottom on it. Supposed to be here today, but I didn't get a call from the shipping company. :-(