Newb questions re: MT345E

/ Newb questions re: MT345E #21  
As always, I appreciate the feedback. A couple more newb questions/observations about general ownership for you guys:
1. Sticker on the hood says “always idle for 1 minute when starting, and idle for two minutes before shutting down.” Is that true regardless of the tractor being warm or cold?
That allows time for the oil to circulate through everything. In colder weather, give it more warm up time.
For shutdown that is especially important if it has a turbo, it needs time to wind down and cool off so it doesn't cook the oil in it.

2. When you guys need to jump off the tractor for one to ten minutes and mess with something, then get back in the seat and resume operations, do you shut the motor off? Or let it idle? Or leave it at full rpm?
3. Micah at Town and Country Tractor (my dealer, highly recommended) says to always operate at around 2200, but I see a lot of guys on here are doing loader work at 1500-1800rpm. Micah says that is too low. Thoughts?
If it's just for 5 minutes, let it idle. If longer, I usually shut it off.

I say 1800 for lighter work because that's the RPM mine throttled up to on it's own the first time it did a regen when I was only running ~1500rpm.
EDIT: Also, the hydraulics respond faster at 1800rpm over 1500rpm, even faster at PTO speed.

/ Newb questions re: MT345E
Thanks @Bearsixty7

I found some answers to the idling question on another thread. Consensus seems to be that idling is fine, but idling at 1200-1500rpm is preferred. The warmup/cool down idle speed is 1000rpm, according to the manual.

/ Newb questions re: MT345E #23  
I know you already found your answers, but if someone was searching for this in the future, here is my thoughts:
As always, I appreciate the feedback. A couple more newb questions/observations about general ownership for you guys:
1. Sticker on the hood says “always idle for 1 minute when starting, and idle for two minutes before shutting down.” Is that true regardless of the tractor being warm or cold?
It's a good idea to let the engine warm up a bit before giving it RPM. This lets the oil thin out a bit and lubricate everything. Depending on how cold the weather is, I let mine idle, at absoulte idle, for a minute or two. If its 90 degrees out, Its more like a few seconds. If the engine is already warmed up, as in, I shut it off 20 minutes ago, and its below zero, I only let it idle at idle for a few seconds.
I also let it idle at absolute idle when shutting it down. The turbo is screaming hot when the tractor is doing work. If you simply shut it down while it's that hot, then you run the risk of the turbo cooling down too quickly, which can cause cracking. Also, the turbo needs to be lubricated. If you simply shut it off, the oil will burn up in there and could cause serious damage. Always pull the engine down to idle and let it idle for a few minutes before shutting it down.
2. When you guys need to jump off the tractor for one to ten minutes and mess with something, then get back in the seat and resume operations, do you shut the motor off? Or let it idle? Or leave it at full rpm?
I always let it idle, but a the 'working idle' which is 1500rpm. Its a diesel, it can run at 1500 (or any range really) so long as it has fuel. You do not run the risk of it "loading up." If I jump off the tractor, even for a few seconds, I'll pull it down to 1500. Because I have a foot throttle, I set the hand throttle at 1500 and leave it there. That is if I am doing a bunch of on and off work. I will then simply rev up the engine with my right foot.
3. Micah at Town and Country Tractor (my dealer, highly recommended) says to always operate at around 2200, but I see a lot of guys on here are doing loader work at 1500-1800rpm. Micah says that is too low. Thoughts?
As stated above, I keep mine at the working idle of 1500 using the hand throttle. I just set it there. These engines, with the emissions BS needs higher idles to help keep that DPF cleaner. If you are at absolute idle all the time, then your filter will plug up faster.