Newbie NH7308 loader on TC33D operation questions

/ Newbie NH7308 loader on TC33D operation questions #1  

LDR812

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33D, MF 165
Hi - I'm not sure if my loader operates as well as it should. I've rebuilt all the cylinders and the loader seems strong. I recently moved about 30 yards of sand with it, No problem - but I've seen photos of tractors with the front tires lifted off the ground (actually, several times saw the entire tractor suspended when equipped with BH). The only time I can get enough down force to lift the front up is at higher RPM. As soon as I let go of the control valve and it centers the front tires touch again. it is the lift cylinders that compress. Is this normal?
Also the other day after mowing in heavy brush I some how released one quick connect hose for the lift cylinders. I didn't realize it until I tried to bucket. It actually raised when shoving the controller forward (normally = lowering) and would lower when the stick was pulled back (normally = raise). Does this indicate the cylinders are internally leaking?
Thank you

/ Newbie NH7308 loader on TC33D operation questions #2  
First - After you rebuilt the cylinders & reinstalled them, did you cycle them all full multiple times (10 - 20 times not uncommon) to make sure you got all the air out of the system? That would be the first thing I would check... they will self-bleed but it sometime takes many full cycles.

Are you sure your hoses didn't get mixed up when you reconnected the hoses? I would also make sure they are fully seated as sometimes they look to be but are not...

/ Newbie NH7308 loader on TC33D operation questions
After I put the one hose the brush had popped off back on it functioned normal. I haven’t tried to lift anything heavy yet but it seems ok. The problem with the down force has always been like that - when I bought the tractor it has about 1400 hrs and now has about 1650. The first cylinder I blew was a lift cylinder while trying to dig a stump out. It didn’t leak out fluid but made a terrible squealing noise and wouldn’t lift much. I blew the other lift cylinder moving the sand. I had as big a bucketful as I could get and was carrying over some pretty rough ground. That one leaked profusely - but still seemed to lift ok. One of the bucket cylinders did the same thing - started leaking bad. I rebuilt both of them at the same time. I just don’t know if I should be able to lift the front tires with the loader and if they should stay in the air when I release the joystick

/ Newbie NH7308 loader on TC33D operation questions #4  
I can point the bucket down and lift the front wheels using the 16LA FEL on my TC40DA. I can then shut it off to change a tire. Eventually it will bleed down but takes several hours. All of the cylinders were recently rebuilt. It comes down even so the bleed through is happening somewhere else.

I can point the bucket down and lift the front wheels using the 16LA FEL on my TC40DA. I can then shut it off to change a tire. Eventually it will bleed down but takes several hours. All of the cylinders were recently rebuilt. It comes down even so the bleed through is happening somewhere else.
That’s how I thought it should work. Thanks for the reply. Do you know if your lift cylinders will pick the tires up or are the bucket cylinders doing the work? If I put the bucket on a stump or such and try to lift the tires with only the lift cylinders it does have enough down force. I have to use the bucket cylinders

The lift cylinders by themselves do not have enough force to lift the tires I was trying to type! Sorry. Bad phone thumb controls

/ Newbie NH7308 loader on TC33D operation questions #7  
Back when I had my TC33D, I could not raise the front tires with just the lift cylinders. I had to curl down to lift them off. I had a supersteer model which has the weight more forward and also had a belly mower (more weight). I did have the 7308 loader and it would NOT leak down quickly.

Last edited:
   / Newbie NH7308 loader on TC33D operation questions #8  
I can do it either way. I do have to have 1500-2000 RPMs.

/ Newbie NH7308 loader on TC33D operation questions #9  
Back when I had my TC33D, I could not raise the front tires with just the lift cylinders. I had to curl down to lift them off. I had a supersteer model which has the weight more forward and also had a belly mower (more weight). I did have the 7308 loader and it would NOT leak down quickly.
Same experience on a TC29D without SS.

Thanks all.