Newbie to Trailers... Looking but no idea what for

/ Newbie to Trailers... Looking but no idea what for #31  
Keep in mind that whatever trailer you get should NOT be made of aluminum. You list your home state as New York and they use a lot of salt, calcium chloride and magnesium chloride on the roads and they will cause aluminum to corrode. Powder coated steel is better for your application and pound the POR15 to it as soon as you get it.

/ Newbie to Trailers... Looking but no idea what for #32  
Those flat deck look nice from PJ Trailer. I am not sure if I'm better off getting the right trailer now for as many needs as possible or getting one for my immediate need. One of the projects I have is collecting pallets to reclaim the wood for redoing the inside of my garage/barn. If I make a trip out and there are 20 pallets, I'd like to grab as many as I can in one trip so this project doesnt' take forever. A 20' flat deck may be a touch overkill in that scenario. My other immediate need is to haul walk behind tiller, and smaller mowers as I help my mother move. Some furniture, grills, smaller stuff at first. If I were to buy a 20' trailer, it would be one that I know will haul any of my heavier equipment, cars, tractor with implements etc. I think my budget is around 2K max. I may not be ready for towing all the other stuff especially at the current prices. It would have been nice to be able to take the tractor to my mom's house and make light work of a few jobs.

Are there any better brands of utility trailers out there that tend to be known high quality or if they are known to be garbage and should be avoided.
Within reason it is hard to have a trailer too large. A 40’ gooseneck would be a hassle maneuvering around but a 20’ is no big deal. Really short trailers are very difficult to back up. I guess everything has its purpose but to me small trailers can’t haul much more than a bed of a pickup. If I am going to buy and maintain a trailer I want it to be capable of hauling whatever I need. I can’t think of many scenarios where a 20’ trailer would be too big for much of anything.

Trailer brands are a lot like pickup brands. Ask three different people and you will get three different answers on which one is best and which ones are garbage. Most big name trailer brands are pretty decent and you really do get what you pay for. Yes the prices across the board are higher now due to material costs but it is still a very competitive business and if you see two similar appearing trailers and one is a lot cheaper than the other really study what you are getting as the cheaper one is likely cutting corners somewhere. Maybe it is a cheaper jack and coupler, maybe cheaper tires, maybe brakes only on one axle, maybe lighter material for the frame, cheaper paint, whatever.

/ Newbie to Trailers... Looking but no idea what for #33  
Those flat deck look nice from PJ Trailer. I am not sure if I'm better off getting the right trailer now for as many needs as possible or getting one for my immediate need. One of the projects I have is collecting pallets to reclaim the wood for redoing the inside of my garage/barn. If I make a trip out and there are 20 pallets, I'd like to grab as many as I can in one trip so this project doesnt' take forever. A 20' flat deck may be a touch overkill in that scenario. My other immediate need is to haul walk behind tiller, and smaller mowers as I help my mother move. Some furniture, grills, smaller stuff at first. If I were to buy a 20' trailer, it would be one that I know will haul any of my heavier equipment, cars, tractor with implements etc. I think my budget is around 2K max. I may not be ready for towing all the other stuff especially at the current prices. It would have been nice to be able to take the tractor to my mom's house and make light work of a few jobs.

Are there any better brands of utility trailers out there that tend to be known high quality or if they are known to be garbage and should be avoided.
You will probably not get a trailer you want for $2,000 max but take a look at the Diamond C LPX trailers. I love my 22’ gooseneck. Very well built.

/ Newbie to Trailers... Looking but no idea what for #34  
IMO, they are all built about the same. Note: Diamond C does have it’s one piece neck cut from one piece of steel which is reason for greater cost. They make a nice trailer.
With the rest, I think the difference comes with prep and paint effort. Given equal care, steel quality and running gear, It’s the best prepped/painted trailers, that last the longest.

/ Newbie to Trailers... Looking but no idea what for
I ended up getting a 6x12" single axle utility trailer. Given how the prices are at the moment I figure I need to be able to "extend" my truck bed more than I need to be able to tow the MX around. I'll pay for them to come get it if I have issues given decent trailers seemed 6-8K region.

I got one from Home Depot because they had them and I needed something to help my mother move and cleanout the house. The drop sides sold me on this one vs a TSC trailer so I can load a pallet. I also have never driven with a trailer so I guess if I do anything dumb it will be with this one. It still should be able to move my zero turn and the RTV just fine.

Attachments

• karavan-trailer.PNG
    karavan-trailer.PNG
    118.3 KB · Views: 59