NH forum on the move...?

/ NH forum on the move...? #21  
My TC18 is so efficient that since I bought it in the summer of 1999 I've only put about 255 hrs. on it! Did get to use it for some snow removal this winter but last winter didn't have enough to plow even once. Still love it and would buy it again!
<font color="blue"> JimBinMI </font>
<font color="blue"> </font>

/ NH forum on the move...? #22  
I've noticed it, too. I've been thinking, do any of you think it would be reasonable to merge the Case and New Holland forums together? Afterall, they are practially the same thing.

/ NH forum on the move...? #23  
I think that would be a grand idea,it would not be as confusing(to me anyway).

/ NH forum on the move...? #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've noticed it, too. I've been thinking, do any of you think it would be reasonable to merge the Case and New Holland forums together? Afterall, they are practially the same thing. )</font>

Let me get this straight, if the Case and New Holland forums were merged into one, and there was then more activity again than the John Deere forum, would the forum move again?

/ NH forum on the move...? #25  
If it moved down, it should certainly move up! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ NH forum on the move...? #26  
O.K. Here's an idea.

Since you guys are so interested in the placment of this (or any) particular forum, why not have a ranking of each individual discussion forum? There are 39 separate forums, so is there a way for each one to be ranked on the basis of the number "hits" it recieves?

The number of views and the number of responses are posted for each forum. Can those numbers somehow be used for the ranking? That would make it clear, at any given time, which forum is the most visited, which is the second most visited, etc.

Muhammad, can that be done? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ NH forum on the move...? #27  
then I guess John Deere can add Yanmar /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I didn't even notice the change... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ NH forum on the move...? #28  
Way to go Golfgar4!!! good idea for those who would keep up with such. Hey they have stats today for most anything. Why not TBN stats??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just keep the betting friendly folks!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Me I never even noticed it moved I barley have time to read the ones I like to keep up on.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ NH forum on the move...? #29  
<font color="blue"> I've noticed it, too. I've been thinking, do any of you think it would be reasonable to merge the Case and New Holland forums together? </font>

I think that would certainly be reasonable. I'm sure many people read both forums, but the NH forums are much more active. Many times I'm tempted to ask my DX questions there, simply becuase of the larger audience.

/ NH forum on the move...? #30  
You know, I think we're all getting too hung up on forum positioning and number of posts. The "signal to noise ratio" (good meaty threads as opposed to stuff that just takes up space) stands to get much worse if people start getting too hung up on this and try to generate enough posts to move their forums to the top of the list.

IMHO... keep the generic forums at the top where they are now (maybe that will continue to encourage folks to put generic stuff in the appropriate forum), then put the major manufacturers in alphabetic order. Don't do anything which would encourage posting just for the sake of moving a forum up in the rankings.

Hey, here's a thought... if we did alphabetical, we could still push for a combination of New Holland and Case, but we'd call it the "Case / New Holland" forum /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John Mc