NH TC45 Flashers- this is weird....

/ NH TC45 Flashers- this is weird.... #11  
I just found this thread, and I see I am late to the show as you have already fixed it. I was going to suggest to follow the wires to a connector plug. Most likely the ground and hot wires are inserted into the wrong cavities in the plastic plug half. I am not familiar with NH wiring, but you can usually remove the wire from the cavity by releasing the terminal with an ice pick. Then you can reinsert into the correct cavity. I know this is too late for you since you have already cut and swapped your wires, but maybe someone else who has a similar electrical gremlin can benefit.
jp

/ NH TC45 Flashers- this is weird....
I'll take a look at that.....if it is the case, I'll just switch it back in the light housing.....and fix the connextor.......

the connectors are VERY fine little pins, not like the flat metal ones that have a barb that you can bend back and then reinsert it....

i'll see

/ NH TC45 Flashers- this is weird.... #13  
the connectors are VERY fine little pins, not like the flat metal ones that have a barb that you can bend back and then reinsert it....

i'll see

I can tell that you are no stranger to removing and reinserting connectors from plugs. Sounds like you are talking about the older Packard 56 connectors like this: Packard Weather Pack 56 Terminals

The little round ones could be any of several designs:

The Packard weather pack and metri pack are shown here: Packard Terminals

And Deutsch has their own design: Deutsch DT Series Pins and Sockets

They make removal tools for all of those. The Packard type I have removed with a small wire (paper clip size), but the barb is easy to get stuck in the bent back position, and tricky to bend back out.

I suppose your NH is Japanese mfg. so could have something entirely different. Good luck.
jp

/ NH TC45 Flashers- this is weird....
i don't think i can get them out without some sort of special tool, etc.....

the deutch (sp??) ones are hard to tell form the pics but the ones on the tractor seem to be MUCH finer....i mean thin.....

oh well, it works......i welded up a bracket for a cigarette lighter....now i just need to wire it......then to make a chainsaw scabbard and chain holder....

thanks

/ NH TC45 Flashers- this is weird.... #15  
I think if it were me I would leave well enough alone. Like I said in my first post, the suggestion was mostly to store away for future use. If your pins are that tiny you would probably need the correct tool to prevent damage.

Anyway, sounds like you have enough projects already to keep you busy.
jp