NH vs LS

/ NH vs LS #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
Does anyone have actual operating experience comparing an LS and a NH hydro in the 40-55 hp range in a 2014 or newer year? Lift capacity/problems/ease of use/ control locations/ traction.
Has NH quality gone down? Has LS quality gone up? etc

/ NH vs LS #2  
Depending on what models you're looking at, the workmaster and the G/XG series are identical tractors, and I believe the boomer and the XR series are as well, but I'm not 100% on that. I have a G3038, and I use the workmaster 40 parts and service manuals.

/ NH vs LS
Boomer and XR
Interesting about the WM and G3038

/ NH vs LS #4  
Download both manuals and see if the parts and operating sections are the same. I'd guess so. So unless paint color affects operation, I'd say they operate the same. Only difference I know of is the loaders.

/ NH vs LS
looking for someone who has actually operated them.
Also aren't they the same color? :)
If loader is different other stuff might handle a little different couldn't

/ NH vs LS #6  
New Holland does have their own loader. I believe it has a longer/ higher reach but less weight capacity than the LS. While I have never operated the new holland, I did compare them before I made my purchase, and at the time that was the only difference I could find besides the price tag.

/ NH vs LS
Thanks
Did you notice if the loader control was the same?

/ NH vs LS #8  
I know the newer LS's have the loader joystick on the fender, which is really nice. Mines on the loader beside the steering wheel, and it makes it difficult to get in/out the right side, and I'm a relatively small 27 year old.

/ NH vs LS #9  
I had a NH for a weekend to test. The next week I bought the LS. More tractor for less money.

Seeing as LS makes many of the NH models, the only reason to buy a NH would be if the NH dealer was much better, and you did not want as much tractor for the money.

BTW, LS was not even on my radar for the first 6 weeks I shopped. I believe LS offers a very good machine but it is not perfect. Need to let it idle for one minute before using it and for two minutes before before shutting it down to protect the turbo. But you would need the same routine with the NH machines produced by LS.

/ NH vs LS #10  
Thanks
Did you notice if the loader control was the same?

I did not! I bought a cab model and had the dealer replace the original loader control handle so I could run a 3rd function valve before I even took it home. However, after looking at NH, Case and LS they were all pretty much identical other than loaders, paint, decals and price tag.