Nice oil to leave on precision hand tools?

/ Nice oil to leave on precision hand tools? #12  
Actually Mobil 1 synthetic oil in a quart bottle will do the job and last you a life time.

/ Nice oil to leave on precision hand tools? #14  
Some precision tools like digital calipers for instance must be kept oil free or the oil will screw up the encoders.

/ Nice oil to leave on precision hand tools? #15  
Hmm, I never bought one. I have my dads old stuff, metal scribe pushed up in the body. They as good as new. Tight, rust free. I never even looked at what China has to offer in our invasive Big Box stores

/ Nice oil to leave on precision hand tools? #17  
The Army has a very good manual that covers tools. TM 1-1500-204-9. It states to use mineral oil on unused tools. Also has instructions on how to use precision measuring devices. A pretty good reference for the DIYer who may not have experience buts wishes to learn.
That is an incredible reference. Thank you so much for this.

/ Nice oil to leave on precision hand tools? #18  
Actually Mobil 1 synthetic oil in a quart bottle will do the job and last you a life time.

This is what my Father used on his machining tools, specifically 0w20. He was very particular about his tools and lathes.

/ Nice oil to leave on precision hand tools? #19  
3 in 1 20 weight machine oil is all I use. Cheap and effective.
+1 for 3 in 1 oil. Been using it for years on my precision tools with zero problems. As mentioned, it’s cheap and effective.

/ Nice oil to leave on precision hand tools? #20  
I use Fluid Film or Deep Creep on my tools. I keep my precision measuring devices inside and away from the garage/workshop environment.