Nice Saturday Drive.

/ Nice Saturday Drive. #1  

Reb954

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2565
Last weekend I picked up my tractor which had some work done on it. It was a nice Saturday drive for the wife and I. About 125 miles each way over 3 passes. Only one pass had any weather on it but that had cleared up by the time we came back.
IMG_0077.JPG
I also hauled back a new snowblower for my local dealer. Everything fit but there wasn't much room left over.
IMG_0078.JPG IMG_0079.JPG
When I hauled the tractor down I left the trailer there rather than pull it back and forth. Going down empty, no trailer, the pickup showed it got 19.6 mpg. Coming back loaded it got 10.9 mpg. Quite a bit of difference but considering the 3 passes I had to go over the difference is understandable.

/ Nice Saturday Drive. #2  
Sounds like a fun trip! Beautiful country out there....wife & I spent some time in Yellowstone years ago, really enjoyed it.

How is that new PS for towing? I have the baby brother F150 with the 2.7, it's fantastic pulling around my little BX. I'd say 10.9 given the load & conditions is pretty darn good.

/ Nice Saturday Drive. #3  
Bet you turn some heads got some day dreaming with envy on trip back home. :thumbsup:

/ Nice Saturday Drive. #4  
That's good mileage for pulling that load. Nice trailer, nice tractor, nice truck, great wife, what more could a guy want? I'm sure you got the "envy" stare from a lot of folks.

/ Nice Saturday Drive.
Sounds like a fun trip! Beautiful country out there....wife & I spent some time in Yellowstone years ago, really enjoyed it.

How is that new PS for towing? I have the baby brother F150 with the 2.7, it's fantastic pulling around my little BX. I'd say 10.9 given the load & conditions is pretty darn good.

I'm not sure what "PS" means but the pickup handled the load easily. All roads were primary and secondary roads and I could easily run the speed limits. I sure do like that engine brake for coming down the hills.

/ Nice Saturday Drive. #6  
I'm not sure what "PS" means but the pickup handled the load easily. All roads were primary and secondary roads and I could easily run the speed limits. I sure do like that engine brake for coming down the hills.

Sorry...PS= Power Stroke. 900 LB-FT of torque sure helps! :thumbsup:

/ Nice Saturday Drive. #7  
Looks like a nice setup. Last spring I took my F350 like yours ( PSD ) down to Kentucky pulling a 16x7 V nose. Enclosed trailer. ( Empty going down) then pulling about 5k inside the trailer 7k total coming home. About 3k miles round trip. I believe I got 17-18 mpg going down and 15-16 coming home. ..never really felt the trailer behind the truck either way.