No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from
My new Boomer just hit 50 hours so I call the dealer to see if they have the 4 filters and the correct oil for it before I make a trip there. Surely to goodness they do but I call just to make sure. The owners manual says use Ambra 0W-40 oil. The parts guy says they don't have and have NEVER had 0W-40 oil and they use 15W-40 and that Ambra oil isn't available any more it's called something else. So then I ask him if they have an engine oil filter for it and after 5 minutes of typing on the computer he says that he don't know if they have a engine oil filter there or not but they can order one. I didn't dare ask about the 2 hydro and fuel filters because I just don't have the time to wait. I just ordered them on eBay from the dealer that makes up the filter packages for your particular tractor. When I started with Ford tractors in the 1960's they had a wire bin setting in the middle of the floor full of oil filters that fit any tractor they sold and there was no computer to have to look up the number. Any Ford car filter made from 1958 up would work on your tractor too. Now we have become civilized to the point that the dealer you purchased the tractor new from can't even sell you the engine oil or filter for it. What's the factory rep gonna say when you have an issue and he asks you what kind of oil you run and you have to tell him the dealer don't have the oil that supposed to go in it. I give up!
I found a 2 1'2 gallon jug of 15W-40 Ambra oil, that's the closest thing to what the rec. oil I could find and I just ordered the complete filter kit for it on eBay including both air filters that I don't have to change now for 225.00 shipped to the door so I have everything I need now I think. Thanks to all wjo responded. Thats about 6.00 per hour for just engine oil and filters for the hydraulics!

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #22  
My new Boomer just hit 50 hours so I call the dealer to see if they have the 4 filters and the correct oil for it before I make a trip there. Surely to goodness they do but I call just to make sure. The owners manual says use Ambra 0W-40 oil. The parts guy says they don't have and have NEVER had 0W-40 oil and they use 15W-40 and that Ambra oil isn't available any more it's called something else. So then I ask him if they have an engine oil filter for it and after 5 minutes of typing on the computer he says that he don't know if they have a engine oil filter there or not but they can order one. I didn't dare ask about the 2 hydro and fuel filters because I just don't have the time to wait. I just ordered them on eBay from the dealer that makes up the filter packages for your particular tractor. When I started with Ford tractors in the 1960's they had a wire bin setting in the middle of the floor full of oil filters that fit any tractor they sold and there was no computer to have to look up the number. Any Ford car filter made from 1958 up would work on your tractor too. Now we have become civilized to the point that the dealer you purchased the tractor new from can't even sell you the engine oil or filter for it. What's the factory rep gonna say when you have an issue and he asks you what kind of oil you run and you have to tell him the dealer don't have the oil that supposed to go in it. I give up!
Just remember while waiting on oil filter and hydraulic filter if your tractor becomes 75 hours on it, it will not self destruct. Check owners manual for any other velocity oil that may work. Don’t think a “O” verses a “5w-“ will make a difference. Also check on Mobil one brand oil rated for Turbo Diesel.

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #23  
Thank goodness I have an awesome Kubota dealer. Never had a problem getting any parts. Yes I purchased all filters during the pandemic, no issues. Fully stocked on engine and hydraulic oil, etc. Great dealer.
I like my dealer also. Changed engine oil last week and bought new filter. No problem. But I do like to keep and extra filter. Just in case.

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #24  
As I stated I ordered them online, the complete filter package. They should be her in a few days but my beef was the dealer did not even sell the factory reccomended engine oil that the manual said and this is a new tractor and that they could not tell me for sure if they had a filter in stock.
It’s your dealer, not the tractor. There are a lot of quality tractors being made now but quality dealers is the shortage. When purchasing new a dealer should offer filter package for first fluid changes. “Mr So an So we have a filter / fluid package for first change included in the price of your tractor. We are looking out for you in the long run. Thank you and enjoy your new addition to your family.”

Attachments

• 52038D2C-30D8-4FFD-92B7-5A45399DB134.jpeg
    52038D2C-30D8-4FFD-92B7-5A45399DB134.jpeg
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 100
   / No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #25  
You might try several different dealers just in case they have one in stock, ya never can tell
As I stated I ordered them online, the complete filter package. They should be her in a few days but my beef was the dealer did not even sell the factory reccomended engine oil that the manual said and this is a new tractor and that they could not tell me for sure if they had a filter in stock.
Yes and you are 100% correct, they shouldn’t sell new equipment with warranty requirements if they can’t provide the parts or tell you where they are available. Shoddy service for certain

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from
It’s your dealer, not the tractor. There are a lot of quality tractors being made now but quality dealers is the shortage. When purchasing new a dealer should offer filter package for first fluid changes. “Mr So an So we have a filter / fluid package for first change included in the price of your tractor. We are looking out for you in the long run. Thank you and enjoy your new addition to your family.”
I bought the filter kit on Ebay for 225.00 from some NH dealer probably. My dealer is really a Kubota dealer masqurading as a NH dealer. Google New South tractor in Newton NC and you will see 3 orange tractors setting under their NH sign with not a blue tractor in sight!

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #27  
My 94 dodge turbo has been running 10w30 for 27 years and 345,000 miles. I never knew i needed thinner oil.
10w30 is not thinner than 0w30 nor 5w30 at operating temperature.

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #28  
10w30 is not thinner than 0w30 nor 5w30 at operating temperature.
Just think how many miles it would have ran on 5w30. 5w30 and 10w30 fall closely in the same operating temperatures.

Attachments

• D546ED63-A43F-4CB4-B36C-69FF326FDEC3.jpeg
    D546ED63-A43F-4CB4-B36C-69FF326FDEC3.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 100
   / No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #29  
   / No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #30  
I found a 2 1'2 gallon jug of 15W-40 Ambra oil, that's the closest thing to what the rec. oil I could find and I just ordered the complete filter kit for it on eBay including both air filters that I don't have to change now for 225.00 shipped to the door so I have everything I need now I think. Thanks to all wjo responded. Thats about 6.00 per hour for just engine oil and filters for the hydraulics!
I now have 225 hrs on my Boomer 55. Last year I used Shell Rotella T6 0W-40 full syn oil instead of the Ambra to save a little cash. It is rated very highly. Last month when I went to change my oil I couldn't find ant Rotella. One store finally told me that it was backordered to atleast March 2022. I lucked out and got the last 2 - 2 1/2 gal jugs of the Ambra replacement now labelled "New Holland" 0W-40 Engine Oil Full-Synthetic. See if there's any Rotella in your area.