No Hydraulics !

/ No Hydraulics ! #1  

BIKER BOB

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215
I was using my tractor a couple of days ago to push back some sweet ferns at the shooting range ( not working tractor very hard) and i lost the hydraulics that run fel and 3pt hitch. I have changed hyd filter and checked fluid level as well as checking all of connectors, maybe a check valve stuck open or a clogged hydraulic oil strainer? Cant seem to locate either on tractor, any ideas. This is a 2008 Mahindra 3215 with a FEL. I don't have a service manual, only an Owners manual and it is not very specific or clear. Does anyone have any ideas on this situation? TIA

/ No Hydraulics ! #2  
If you have rear remotes, check that one of the valves is not stuck open (by moving the levers).

/ No Hydraulics !
Don't have rear remotes, no loose connections. Any other ideas? Should i look for a stuck check valve or something else? Thanks for any suggestions.

/ No Hydraulics ! #4  
This sometimes happens on my Kubota when the 3pt lever is raised to it's highest point. For some reason, this causes the system to go into bypass and I loose all hyd. pressure on the FEL. Dropping the 3pt just a little solves the problem. To keep it from happening, I put a spacer in the slot to limit how far the lever will move upward. This may not be your problem but it's worth checking.

/ No Hydraulics ! #5  
After checking the 3pt it is time to determine where you have flow and not. Disconnect the power line from the loader valve and put it in a 5 gal bucket. Start the tractor and fluid should flow into the bucket. If it doesn't I suspect that the pump may not be turning. Time to remove the pump to look for any failure.

/ No Hydraulics !
Interesting.... I will have to check that out, Thanx

/ No Hydraulics !
Yesterday I checked out the 3pt and no love. Took the power line from the fel and started tractor briefly and got no fluid flow, even removed the inlet to the pump and filled line with clean fluid and still got no flow. Didn't seem to even draw in the fluid I put into inlet. Must be bad pump. Never heard of a pump going bad? Looks like a pretty big project to remove and repair, does anyone have experience with this?

/ No Hydraulics !
Seems like a good service manual would come in handy about now. All I have is the Operator Manual, where does one get one of these other than the overpriced local dealer?

/ No Hydraulics ! #9  
So your Mahindra is still sitting out by the shooting range with hydraulics that don’t work at all ?
How many hours on your Mahindra ?

/ No Hydraulics ! #10  
The pump may be fine but has a broken drive Gear. It definitely is time to pull the pump to see what is happening.