No room!

/ No room! #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
Wow, not a whole bunch of room on the backside of the L2501 for hooking up the PTO. It definitely takes some contortions to reach in enough and try to push the button on the joint and get it all line up at once and maybe the stars all line up and it slips right on. :laughing: My old 8N has lots more room for that. Now I see why some people have 3 or 4 tractors...much easier to just leave the implements on each one. :mur:

/ No room! #2  
I know it is no kosher, but it is a little easier if you remove the shroud guard. On mine it was 4 bolts. It is the ONLY way I can hook up my 6' brush hog.

/ No room!
It would be easier. My old Ford 8N doesn't have any type of pto guard. Even has the pto shaft to the bush hog open (unguarded). I've just learned to be very careful and not get off the tractor if the pto is spinning. The guard on the Kubota does lift up some, but it sure seems the pto stub coming out of the tractor is shorter than the old Ford.

Makes me feel like this:

/ No room!
Well something is too short anyway. I put the old bush hog on and attached the new pto that came with the new tractor and when I put the pto in gear....it came apart in the middle. I knew it was close but with the hog raised up, I guess it was long enough. When I lowered the hog, it was no longer long enough and came apart. I tried my old pto from the old ford 8N and it was the same...not quite long enough. The pto fits with the finishing mower though, just not the hog. I hope the PHD that I have will work without having to get a new pto. Oh the joys of having a new tractor...lol. :rolleyes:

/ No room!
Thanks, I had forgotten about an extension. That would make up the difference for the length! :thumbsup: