No Rotella T6

/ No Rotella T6 #31  
The farm and home store I work at is having problems getting a lot of products. The automotive manager told me this week that he can't get most oil that he orders. Some house brand stuff but most of the name brand stuff just goes to back order. In other parts of the store what we get is really hit and miss. Some guns/ammo/reloading stuff starting to trickle in. Christmas isles look really bleak this year. We do ok with animal feed and most clothing but all the other departments are suffering.
I used to keep several oil changes on hand, buying products when they were on sale so that I didn't have to make special trips to town when I need stuff and to save money. Just the way I lived. Now days it is a "if you see it, buy it" thing and I currently only have supplies for one oil change for each vehicle where I used to have at least two. I don't consider this as hoarding, but surviving.

/ No Rotella T6 #32  
There’s no T6 here, either.
I had to buy T4 in 5 gallon pails.
Walmart, NAPA, Auto Zone and Lowe’s all out of almost all Shell diesel oil.
"Had to"? A month ago I found the last two 5 gallon pails of T4 within miles. Checked WuMart, TSC, auto stores, ...
I normally get from TSC, but all brands of diesel oil they carry have been cleaned out for months. I finally found the two lonely 5 gallon pails at an O'Reilly. Paid $100 each, which is twice what I paid a year ago.

But something else that I noticed when I bought them was the packaging. Instead of a bucket with printing on the plastic, the container is a generic bucket with a stick-on label. My first thought was maybe there is a package shortage. But nothing seems to change except the number of ships off the coast of California has been increasing.

1639762904888.png

/ No Rotella T6 #33  
"Had to"? A month ago I found the last two 5 gallon pails of T4 within miles. Checked WuMart, TSC, auto stores, ...
I normally get from TSC, but all brands of diesel oil they carry have been cleaned out for months. I finally found the two lonely 5 gallon pails at an O'Reilly. Paid $100 each, which is twice what I paid a year ago.

But something else that I noticed when I bought them was the packaging. Instead of a bucket with printing on the plastic, the container is a generic bucket with a stick-on label. My first thought was maybe there is a package shortage. But nothing seems to change except the number of ships off the coast of California has been increasing.

View attachment 725352
Is motor oil imported? I always assumed it is a domestic product.

/ No Rotella T6 #34  
I could not find T6 at TSC either. Strange enough, I did find 2 gallons at Menards. That is all they had. I was surprised they had T6 at all.

/ No Rotella T6 #35  
I went to my local TSC here in Vermont a month ago to get a gallon of T4 and they had none. I then went online and ordered one from TSC and it took a little over a week to come and came from Iowa.

/ No Rotella T6 #36  
I wonder if there is a formula change in the works. Shell actually had a $6 rebate off T6 jugs last summer. That brought me down to $14 for 5qts from a Walmart purchase. That's clearance pricing there...

/ No Rotella T6 #38  
I went to my local TSC here in Vermont a month ago to get a gallon of T4 and they had none. I then went online and ordered one from TSC and it took a little over a week to come and came from Iowa.
Well then you are fortunate. I did an online order from TSC of 3 buckets and within minutes the order was canceled. I waited a couple of days and did the same, but this time they waited a month, which was 3 weeks after their forecasted pickup date at the store, then that order was canceled.

/ No Rotella T6
Well Thanks all for reply's, thought we in upstate New York were only ones with oil supply issues. Looks like I'll have to just wait till supply flow resumes.But oh have anyone had and experience with Mobil One 5w-40 Turbo Diesel for tractors?

DevilDog

/ No Rotella T6 #40  

View attachment 725352
Yeah, had to.
I was past the oil change on the Magnum and wanted T5 or T6, but “had to” buy T4, or it was nothing at all (unless I wanted to drive around all day, then you start losing money).