No Squirrels This Year

/ No Squirrels This Year #71  
Now we know what happened to the squirrels ... all eaten by an Anaconda :rotfl:

/ No Squirrels This Year #72  
IMG_3445.jpg I hope this works. This is a squirrel on top of a squirrelinator trap contemplating suicide.

/ No Squirrels This Year #73  
Up here we only have red and flying squirrels. My neighbor 1 1/2 miles from me shot 275 in 2007 and 150 in 2008. We shot a bunch, but didn't count them.

I caught a flying squirrel in a live trap, but I couldn't shoot it, too cute. Not the same with the reds though.

/ No Squirrels This Year #74  
Red squirrels tend to be a very destructive nuisance. We have a couple of Ravens that come by every day to see if we left them any dinner.

/ No Squirrels This Year #75  
The squirrel doesn't look so healthy. It looks like it's dead. It may have been healthy at one time.
Nice!

Looks like a healthy cat and a healthy squirrel.

/ No Squirrels This Year #77  
Red squirrels tend to be a very destructive nuisance. We have a couple of Ravens that come by every day to see if we left them any dinner.

Ravens and crows can be a pain, also. I lost 6 of my turkey poults to them last year, and 2 of my pullets. This spring my 12 single will be standard equipment on the front seat of the truck.

/ No Squirrels This Year #78  
Ravens and crows can be a pain, also. I lost 6 of my turkey poults to them last year, and 2 of my pullets. This spring my 12 single will be standard equipment on the front seat of the truck.

If I had gardens or small farm type critters then I would not be encouraging the Raven fly-overs. We have no Crows. Winters are so long and dark here, we welcome any diversions.

/ No Squirrels This Year #79  
We normally have a lot of squirrels over the winter making a mess around our bird feeders. This year there are none, zero, haven稚 seen a one. This house is surrounded by apple orchard, and we have one barn but is pretty cleaned up. Just wondering what everybody else is seeing this year.

Way to many in my area of Indiana, I hate those tree rats!

/ No Squirrels This Year #80  
We spotted a red squirrel on a camera and a few hours later a Marten could be seen following the squirrels path (red squirrels are a Martens favorite food). Half expected a Fisher Cat (who eat Martens) to come along soon afterwards. We do hear Fisher Cats screaming in the woods occasionally, so we know they are around.