Non-Stick Fry Pans

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #21  
Mmmmm, love fried scrapple. Would almost always get it for breakfast at the diner when visiting wife's family in NJ.
Almost always have Spam here in the pantry and fry it up for breakfast every now and then. Had my share of Vienna sausage when in RVN, bought a couple cans 5 years ago based on nostalgia. All but the first can are still on the shelf LOL

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans
Oh, it is sooooooo yummy. Nothing gross or anything...

Slice the banana in half length wise. Fry them up with a little dab of butter. So sweet and scrumptous! Just brown on both sides.

Wish I was hom eright now; it sounds soooooo good!

Robert, I told my wife about this and maybe we should try it. And she told me that Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich was peanut butter and banana on bread cooked like a grilled cheese sandwich.:laughing:

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans
Almost always have Spam here in the pantry and fry it up for breakfast every now and then. Had my share of Vienna sausage when in RVN, bought a couple cans 5 years ago based on nostalgia. All but the first can are still on the shelf

Maybe I'm just the opposite.:laughing: About 50 years ago, I kinda liked Spam baked with a pineapple topping. And it was pretty good fried for breakfast or on sandwiches. So after not having any for 40+ years, I bought a can this past year. And I did eat it, but I sure wondered why I bought it.:rolleyes: And I don't eat Vienna sausages very often, but do have a couple of cans on hand and still think they make pretty good sandwiches.:D

When I had a boat and occasionally went fishing all day, I carried vienna sausages, crackers, and hard boiled eggs for lunch.

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #24  
Spam;

special
[P]processed
[A]American
[M]meat

WWII product that made the most of meat scraps, even the OINK was in the can. No idea how they got it in the can.

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #25  
Transit said:
Spam;

special
[P]processed
[A]American
[M]meat

WWII product that made the most of meat scraps, even the OINK was in the can. No idea how they got it in the can.

Think you can go in most any food store here and find it, even by the case. Local eateries have it on the menu. Locals take Spam seriously here.

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #26  
I had heard that about Elvis. Me, and Grandma, we just fried them. I fon't think Granma ever had teflon type pan; cast iron ruled the house. She learned to cook on cat iron, on a wood fired stove, on the ranch in South Dakota(Yankton area).

FWIW, my favorite peanut butter thing, is smooth peanut butter mixed with real maple syrup. On bread, or just eat it with a spoon :D

Robert, I told my wife about this and maybe we should try it. And she told me that Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich was peanut butter and banana on bread cooked like a grilled cheese sandwich.:laughing:

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans
Spam;

special
[P]processed
[A]American
[M]meat

And I always heard it was an abbreviation for "spiced ham".:confused:

Think you can go in most any food store here and find it, even by the case. Local eateries have it on the menu.

Yep, it obviously still sells. I don't think I've ever been in a food store that didn't have it, and now in several different flavors. But I don't recall ever seeing it on a menu in any cafe or restaurant.

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans
Robert, my wife makes herself just peanut butter, or peanut butter and banana, sandwiches on plain bread, not cooked, toasted, grilled, etc. To me, the peanut butter alone is too sticky, but I like the smooth peanut butter thoroughly blended with any kind of syrup, honey, or jelly. And if you throw in a little butter, that's OK, too.:D

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #29  
Think you can go in most any food store here and find it, even by the case. Local eateries have it on the menu. Locals take Spam seriously here.

I have read many times that Spam is gourmet stuff in Hawaii. I live close to a major college and Spam is a hot item for the students. Store is always selling out of it. People are bit squeamish anymore. Some of the real good stuff is impossible to find any more. Sweetbreads, souse, etc.

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #30  
Love those fried bananas in the Philippines, maybe a couple pennies to make. In the states, they are called banana foster and cost and arm and a leg.

mark