Non-Stick Fry Pans

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #81  
The ones we bought say the pans are made and assembled in the USA using handles made in China.

Oh yes, the famous Hangonto Handle Co. right outside of Beijing on Panfoyu Street.;):laughing:

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #82  
Cast iron cookware, well seasoned. We use it on our glass top stove all the time.

Out next kitchen will have gas commercial-grade appliances if my wife has anything to say about it!

Al

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #83  
Cast iron cookware, well seasoned. We use it on our glass top stove all the time.

Out next kitchen will have gas commercial-grade appliances if my wife has anything to say about it!

Al

Yep tried them all good old cast iron well seasoned is the ONLY way to go!

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #84  
Best way I have found to clean a cast iron pan that will not simply wipe clean with a paper towel (someone goofed) is to put about 1/4" of water in in, bring to a boil on stove, brush all the crud loose with a nylon bristle kitchen/scrub brush while it boils, dump and rinse with hot water, then get empty pan hot/dry again and wipe with oil or Crisco while still hot, cool, and store.

Had never thought of using a pumice stone on cast iron, might have to try on a Lodge cast iron stovetop griddle I use for pancakes to make it smoother still for better no stickum.

/ Non-Stick Fry Pans #85  
+10 on the cast iron. I seasoned a cheap M.I.C. 10" cast iron skillet over a campfire one night even though it was preseaseoned. I got motivated after dabbling with a dutch oven. Good stuff! I hated that stainless skillet my folks had bought me years ago.