normal operation of a rotary cutter?????

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #61  
I have a RFM but have seen rotary cutters advertised recently as I've been looking for additional implements. Is it fair to say it is something between a finish mower and bush hog? If so, that might be the better implement to use for mowing my horse pasture.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #62  
I have a RFM but have seen rotary cutters advertised recently as I've been looking for additional implements. Is it fair to say it is something between a finish mower and bush hog? If so, that might be the better implement to use for mowing my horse pasture.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #63  
bush hog is a name brand usually associated with rotary cutters much like Xerox and copy machine

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #64  
bush hog is a name brand usually associated with rotary cutters much like Xerox and copy machine

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #65  
Rotary cutter = brush hog = shredder = slasher

Just different names in different places for the same implement. In this country, at least, I guess you could say rotary cutter is the "official" name. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As has already been said, Bush Hog is a brand frequently associated with rotary cutters, but they also make finish mowers, tillers, front end loaders, and other farm implements.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #66  
Rotary cutter = brush hog = shredder = slasher

Just different names in different places for the same implement. In this country, at least, I guess you could say rotary cutter is the "official" name. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As has already been said, Bush Hog is a brand frequently associated with rotary cutters, but they also make finish mowers, tillers, front end loaders, and other farm implements.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #67  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Keep me in line )</font>

I'd prefer to just call that a clarification... the premise was correct.. that's what counts the most..

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( they are much more expensive. )</font>

Deffinately!!

Soundguy

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #68  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Keep me in line )</font>

I'd prefer to just call that a clarification... the premise was correct.. that's what counts the most..

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( they are much more expensive. )</font>

Deffinately!!

Soundguy

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #69  
Thanks much for the clarification. I just mowed my pasture with my RFM and it worked fine but I think a rotary cutter my be in my future. Luckily I have a FEL and I used that to dig up a couple little trees that had started growing before I mowed.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #70  
Thanks much for the clarification. I just mowed my pasture with my RFM and it worked fine but I think a rotary cutter my be in my future. Luckily I have a FEL and I used that to dig up a couple little trees that had started growing before I mowed.