normal operation of a rotary cutter?????

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #51  
We have coyotes all over Ohio, too. I am wondering if someone can tell me the difference between a RFM and a rotary cutter?

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #52  
We have coyotes all over Ohio, too. I am wondering if someone can tell me the difference between a RFM and a rotary cutter?

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #53  
roxy,
A RFM is a rear finish mower that mounts on the three-point hitch of a tractor. It is a mower designed to mow a yard or lawn. A rotary cutter is a heavier mower with blades made to swing back if they hit a solid object. A rotary cutter is designed to cut not only grass but also brush. One of ways a rotary cutter is rated is by the size of brush or small trees that it is capable of cutting down. This is a pretty simplified explanation, but should give you an idea about them. A finish mower will give a better cut, but won't cut brush.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #54  
roxy,
A RFM is a rear finish mower that mounts on the three-point hitch of a tractor. It is a mower designed to mow a yard or lawn. A rotary cutter is a heavier mower with blades made to swing back if they hit a solid object. A rotary cutter is designed to cut not only grass but also brush. One of ways a rotary cutter is rated is by the size of brush or small trees that it is capable of cutting down. This is a pretty simplified explanation, but should give you an idea about them. A finish mower will give a better cut, but won't cut brush.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #55  
The RFM will have three blades that are thin and fast and look and cut like lawn mower blades where the brush hog swings two 1/2" thick x 3 or 4" wide bars around to pulverize anything in its path.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #56  
The RFM will have three blades that are thin and fast and look and cut like lawn mower blades where the brush hog swings two 1/2" thick x 3 or 4" wide bars around to pulverize anything in its path.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #57  
Different finish mowers may have more or less than 3 blades.. same with rotary mowers... 2 blades per carrier.. etc..

Same premise though..

Soundguy

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #58  
Different finish mowers may have more or less than 3 blades.. same with rotary mowers... 2 blades per carrier.. etc..

Same premise though..

Soundguy

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #59  
Boy soundguy, you are catching all kinds of my screw ups today. Keep me in line.

Another point is that a RFM will typically cost more than double an equivalent RC. Surely there are exceptions but they are much more expensive.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #60  
Boy soundguy, you are catching all kinds of my screw ups today. Keep me in line.

Another point is that a RFM will typically cost more than double an equivalent RC. Surely there are exceptions but they are much more expensive.