Not so quick coupling (stuck)

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #1  

Komrade

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430 HST
I always had trouble with these, but always with attaching (had to occasionally resort to clamps as I couldn't overcome pressure)

Might be time to replace. Any pointers how to decouple?
IMG_20220601_072947_931.jpg

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck)
release the pressure in the lines, loose a connections to release the pressure then you should be fine.
This has been tried and is typically done whenever I work with couplers.
We use them for
1) hydraylic forks
2) grapple
3) plow

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #4  
& when reattaching valves, press the ball valve to relieve any pressure that the lines may have built up.

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #5  
Generally what is occurring is the temperature has increased since the time when you disconnected the implement. This can be the actual air temperature or that the implement is being exposed to the sun thus heating up the hydraulic fluid making it expand.

The expansion can be to the point where the little tricks like pushing male end against a sturdy surface on the ball to relive the pressure, covering the ball with a rag and taping with a soft mallet, etc... just doesn't work.

The only solution at that point is to crack a treaded connection somewhere in the line to allow some fluid to leak out. Once you have bleed the pressure off the quick connects will connect very easy.

If you have truly relived the pressure and the connections don't connect with hand pressure I'd say its time to replace one or both (male & female) fittings.

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #6  
I believe the OP is wanting to decouple. I would remove the QD from the hoses and have a better look at what might be going on. Could be just jammed somehow. Might be time for new connectors..??

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #7  
I believe the OP is wanting to decouple. I would remove the QD from the hoses and have a better look at what might be going on. Could be just jammed somehow. Might be time for new connectors..??

I missed that, I've never heard of an issue with separating the coupling, maybe a serious burr somewhere?? Ya time to replace if that's the issue.

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #8  
I missed that, I've never heard of an issue with separating the coupling, maybe a serious burr somewhere?? Ya time to replace if that's the issue.
When I have difficulty disconnecting, with the tractor off I just move the hydraulic control lever through back and forth through it's range of motion to relive any internal pressure. TH ecoupling then releases easily. If it's an electrically operated hydraulic control, I may have to shut down the tractor, then turn the key back to the "run" position, but do not start the tractor - they work the control lever back and forth to relieve pressure.

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #9  
I've never heard of an issue with separating the coupling, maybe a serious burr somewhere?? Ya time to replace if that's the issue.

I have! I had one that would not release.. finally just decided to replace the plug and socket as one! Now, I have a connector that works.

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #10  
See if it/they have a locking feature. My rear remotes do and I forgot about it. :rolleyes: Mine have a small notch in the release sleeve. That notch has to be aligned with a small pin to allow the sleeve to be pulled back. The notch is only about 1/8" deep and easy to miss.