/ Notch land leveler #1  

ponytug

Tractor
Power Trac PT1445
I am looking for a land leveler to set / reset the camber on some dirt roads, and I came across a land leveler from Notch Manufacturing. These aren't gravel roads, so I am less interested in ripper teeth.

Anyone here have any experience with it? It seems like a useful design to be able to easily do change of camber angles.

I am open to other solutions; hitch mount, 3-pt, skid steer.

Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Peter

/ Notch land leveler #2  
A lovely implement which will meet your needs.

You would know from experience if a 3,900 pound bare weight Power Trac can move this implement + spoil.

Standard Box Blades without wheels mounted on the TPH of a traditional tractor can be tilted to crown roads by adjusting the right side Lifting Rod or by moving either the right or left Lifting Rod stirrup pin to the lower pin position.

Do you have a standard Box Blade now?

VIDEOS:

Last edited:
   / Notch land leveler
I happen to win a Power-Trac tractor, which I find very useful, but it doesn't have a three point hitch. Their box blade (shown below) has no way to adjust the camber, hence my search.

My guess is that my tractor is going to be limited in how much I can pull/accumulate at one time since there is no low range, but this is a once a decade "need". I am weighing renting a small dozer and just getting it done as an alternative.

All the best,

Peter

1623618948544.jpeg

/ Notch land leveler #4  
How about modifying their box blade blade, adding a pivot so you can change the angle?

/ Notch land leveler
How about modifying their box blade blade, adding a pivot so you can change the angle?
Thanks. It has crossed my mind, but I am not one the world's best fabricators, and the how to add a pivot that can be pulled on has escaped me. I'm all ears.

All the best,

Peter

/ Notch land leveler #6  
A manual pivot like what is on a 3 point rear blade could be inserted between their quick attach plate and the box blade.

This type of a pivot installed vertically:

tilt pivot.JPG

/ Notch land leveler #7  
Thanks. It has crossed my mind, but I am not one the world's best fabricators, and the how to add a pivot that can be pulled on has escaped me. I'm all ears.

All the best,

Peter

How much slope do you wish to out into the road? As long as you travel in the same direction on each side of the road (this is required using the side linkage on a traditional 3PH also), you can accomplish this same effect (in a limited manner) by airing one side tires to max pressure (rougher ride) and dropping pressure in the other side. You want to limit the amount of pressure drop in the tires as to low and you run risk of popping tire off the rim. Most of us run tires at less than max for a smoother ride, unless doing heavy work— heavy loader work or heavy implement work.

/ Notch land leveler #8  
The pivot they use on their mowers would work to let a box blade tilt:

brush cutter.jpg
pivot.jpg

/ Notch land leveler
All great thoughts.

I will try differential pressure to see if I can get a couple of degrees of camber. I have R4 skid steer type tires, so there isn't a great deal of height difference between 4psi and, say 20psi, but I will check. That would be a super easy fix for something that I don't often need.

I have the mower with that pivot, and while it functions well for a pushed wheeled mower, I am not sure that it does have the strength to be pulled on with a leveler. It is basically a 1"(+/-) flat head counter sunk bolt, with just the lip of the screw against a pull.

All the best,

Peter

/ Notch land leveler #10  
there isn't a great deal of height difference between 4psi and, say 20psi
Take a look and I bet you can go to something like 40psi. Wouldn't drop the other below 8psi or so. Should do the trick.