NX Loader Joystick - Third function?

/ NX Loader Joystick - Third function? #1  

fatbassman

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
Have sorta felt that the NX joystick was made with a third function thumb button in mind... It isn't currently available though. Has anyone ever done something like this?

NX_Joystick.jpg

/ NX Loader Joystick - Third function? #2  
I switched out the grip for a John Deere one with the switches.

IMG_0978.jpg

/ NX Loader Joystick - Third function? #3  
The new joystick that came with my grapple is taller and has a toggle switch. Land Pride grapple - WR Long third function valving.

/ NX Loader Joystick - Third function? #4  
Welcome to TBN.

There are several makers of joystick handles that allow you to add 3rd function. Do your research and select one that fits you ergonomically. Everyone has different preferences.

/ NX Loader Joystick - Third function? #6  
Yes it very comfortable, feels just about the same as the original grip.

/ NX Loader Joystick - Third function? #7  
Have sorta felt that the NX joystick was made with a third function thumb button in mind... It isn't currently available though. Has anyone ever done something like this?

View attachment 600439

I did exactly that on an RX. The MIE third function kit came with a joystick that I didn't like (great kit though), so I just put a momentary button on the stock handle.

/ NX Loader Joystick - Third function?
I did exactly that on an RX. The MIE third function kit came with a joystick that I didn't like (great kit though), so I just put a momentary button on the stock handle.

Would you be able to post a pic of that? Love to see what you came up with.

/ NX Loader Joystick - Third function? #9  
A single button is fine for a diverter but a third function will require two, or a double throw rocker.

/ NX Loader Joystick - Third function? #10  
Would you be able to post a pic of that? Love to see what you came up with.

Switch was 12 bucks or something Amazon Prime. Stubby in back and a 1/2" hole accommodates it. Picture of a spare switch in metal. I'm using the diverter so the switch just activates the relay and doesn't need to carry much current. I have used a diverter on my last two tractors. True third function is overkill for what I'm doing. I never need to do all three things at once and that veers off into the realm of sufficient hydraulic flow even if you wanted to. Personal preference. The position of the switch feels very natural there. Don't even think about it any more. I keep a grapple on front most of the time and it gets lots of use.

20190416_202532.jpg20190416_202651.jpg20190416_202726.jpg