NX4510 CEL and limp mode

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode
Dave, by "leaking" what do you mean?
The turbo seal was leaking engine oil into the intake tube. The engine was burning a small amount of engine oil continuously and must have contributed to the plugged DPF.

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #42  
Yeah, OK. Just wanted to have it noted.

Improperly fitted or torn boost pipes could also result in DPF issues: insufficient air for proper burn. But of course one would hope a dealer would verify before swapping out a turbo ;)

Good that it was caught before the turbo blew out.

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #43  
Glad to hear that they got it fixed. When I was having my DPF problems the dealer asked me to pull the intake pipe off the turbo to see if there was a lot of oil in it. They also thought that the turbo might have a seal leak. There was some oil in the intake pipe which is normal according to the dealer. I have never had to add oil between oil changes. So far my tractor has been doing fine. My automatic Regens are actually working now. Hopefully that fix ends your problems.

Glad to hear that they got it fixed. When I was having my DPF problems the dealer asked me to pull the intake pipe off the turbo to see if there was a lot of oil in it. They also thought that the turbo might have a seal leak. There was some oil in the intake pipe which is normal according to the dealer. I have never had to add oil between oil changes. So far my tractor has been doing fine. My automatic Regens are actually working now. Hopefully that fix ends your problems.
Hey Jim, do you know approximately how long between regens?

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #45  
Hopefully your turbo replacement resolves the emmission DPF issue, and you return to the typical regen cycles. Right now 10 hours between regens is just too short a regen cycle. If it continues at 10 hour intervals after the turbo replacement, you may want to consider your DPF has a permanent blockage that has created a new baseline for regens. The DPF needs to have a forced regen by baking the DPF at a diesel shop. Did your dealer do anything like that after replacing the injectors?

My CK4010 averages 27 hours between regens, and has been doing that since I took first delivery, so that's my baseline. I operate at an average 2100rpm for everything that is not pto related.

Hopefully your turbo replacement resolves the emmission DPF issue, and you return to the typical regen cycles. Right now 10 hours between regens is just too short a regen cycle. If it continues at 10 hour intervals after the turbo replacement, you may want to consider your DPF has a permanent blockage that has created a new baseline for regens. The DPF needs to have a forced regen by baking the DPF at a diesel shop. Did your dealer do anything like that after replacing the injectors?

My CK4010 averages 27 hours between regens, and has been doing that since I took first delivery, so that's my baseline. I operate at an average 2100rpm for everything that is not pto related.

They said they have had success taking apart the dpf, blowing it out and then doing a manual regen. I will see what my regen cycle looks like then decide if I should clean it out.

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #47  
They said they have had success taking apart the dpf, blowing it out and then doing a manual regen. I will see what my regen cycle looks like then decide if I should clean it out.

My last regeneration was 57 hours.

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #48  
Did your tractor get fixed for sure on that last trip?

Yes, they replaced one injector and put in a new turbo. Since then averaging 30 hours between regens. Would like to see the interval between regens a little higher, but they don't really bother me at all.

/ NX4510 CEL and limp mode #50  
Yes, they replaced one injector and put in a new turbo. Since then averaging 30 hours between regens. Would like to see the interval between regens a little higher, but they don't really bother me at all.
I think 30 hours is a little bit early. Are you running your tractor at or above 2000 RPM's most of the time? Two Kioti dealers told me to do this to prevent frequent regens. I want to say that I am getting close to 60 hours on a regen now on my new motor. They said that running at lower than 1600 is not good for the motors. The dealer that did my motor told me to run Hot Shot's Secret in the fuel and oil. Hot Shot's will raise the cetane rating by 7 points in the fuel. I run that all the time now. He said the fuel out there is running on the bare minimum for cetane ratings. Both told me not to run biodiesel. I bought a cetane gauge and he was spot on. I checked the ratings at 6 different gas stations. All of them were running bare minimum on the cetane ratings on both biodiesel and straight diesel. The biodiesel crap that I bought for testing went into my home heating oil tank. The Kioti Rep. told me that it will destroy your motor running biodiesel. I have to agree with him. My pistons were so sloppy in my motor that you could hear them rapping under a load. The lower end was fine. My compression was below specs on all 3 cylinders. I thought the place I bought my diesel from was straight diesel as the pumps are not marked biodiesel. After losing my motor I found out that they are selling biodiesel. I now only buy from 2 places that sell pure diesel fuel.