NX4510 starter not turning over

/ NX4510 starter not turning over #1  

bubba43

Tractor
Kioti CK 30 HST
2020 NX 4510 HST will not turn over using the key. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the starting circuit? I can apply a ground to the relay and it will start while using the key. Relay has power coming in through the grey/red wire, power on the red wire, but no ground ( grey wire).
Brake lights work, parking brake indicator on the dash comes on, dash shows that the machine is in neutral. PTO is not engaged. I have tested the seat switch as well and it is working properly.

/ NX4510 starter not turning over #2  
Generally, if the battery is good and the engine won't turn over, the problem is a safety switch. I don't know Kioti, but these switches may be on the clutch, transmission, or PTO - as well as other possible places. In my case I tend to forget to depress the clutch.

/ NX4510 starter not turning over #3  
Recenter your L/M/H Range lever (try different Neutrals) and all PTO levers. Turn off Cruise and Auto PTO. Make sure the Fwd/Rev pedals are actually fully released. Press harder on the brake pedal (and make sure the switch is being activated).

/ NX4510 starter not turning over
I have tried all of the above and the same thing. It will not turn over. I guess that I'm going to have to start bypassing the safety switches one at a time. That's if I can locate all of them

/ NX4510 starter not turning over #5  
On Which tractor are you having the issues? The CK30 or the 4510? You still have warranty on the 4510….

/ NX4510 starter not turning over #6  
I had this problem on a 2020 built NX6010. You've gone through most of it but one switch I didn't see you mention is the brakes must be locked together, there is a switch on the lever that locks the two brake pedals together. It must be in neutral. PTO off. Brake pedal pressed, weight in the seat, brakes locked together, both front and reverse pedals in neutral position. If all those things check out, I'd check the safety module (Kioti calls it the safety control unit) that will be behind you and to your right if you are sitting in the seat behind a plastic panel. If I unplugged it and plugged it back in it would work for awhile and then quit again.

The operation goes like this - the module is what all the safety switches "report to". It will then send a signal to the main computer to allow a start or not. This is controlled as you have found out with the ground to the relay. If the module says a start is ok, the computer completes the ground circuit to the relay, if not it won't. Kioti had a bad batch of these safety modules. My 2020 built NX6010 had a bad one. My dealer ordered one and I swapped out mine with him under warranty. I jumped the ground to the start relay in order to get by until the new one came in. I liked being able to start it without having to jump through hoops even after I repaired it correctly I went back and jumped the ground and left it that way.

Here is a previous thread where another poster and myself were working through our no start issues with NX's: NX safety switch thread.

Last edited:
   / NX4510 starter not turning over #7  
On my 2014, I’ve had to exercise the parking brake switch to start after leaving the machine for more than a few days with the parking brake on.

I’ve also jumpered the useless seat safety switch.

/ NX4510 starter not turning over #8  
Just remember that a jumped safety switch is a snake that could bite someone some time. Most likely someone that isn’t familiar with that tractor….😬

/ NX4510 starter not turning over
I have checked the switch that links the brake pedals together. That one got me when I first bought the 4510. I will have to check the propel pedals. Visually looking at them , they look even.
Yeah, I know its under warranty, but I would rather figure this out myself. A little getting to know your tractor better experience.
I will have to look for the safety module. I do hear a relay click up front when I turn the key to start, but I have verified that it is not the starter relay though.

/ NX4510 starter not turning over #10  
Just remember that a jumped safety switch is a snake that could bite someone some time. Most likely someone that isn’t familiar with that tractor….😬
In that case what happens is that the stupid tractor won't shut off when they get out of the seat. I'm far more interested in telling new-to-this-tractor-operators to rattle the range gear to make certain the crappy transmission is gated properly in gear so that it doesn't JUMP out of gear and make my next set of videos showing everybody how to undercut shift rings for more certain shifting like we had to do for years on car and motorcycle transmissions that went racing.