Nx6010 needs to regen daily

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #1  

vanskills

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti
So this is something new....it needs to regen pretty much daily now...it has 300 hours on it, 2016 bought it.

Been doing alot of loader work and its highly annoying burning diesel on regen and walking away for 40 minutes to regen

Any ideas?

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #3  
I recall reading a lot about injector issues on those. Some folks had them tested and found to be the issue. I think someone else had a turbo issue? I only have a CK so hopefully someone with more know-how will chime in shortly...

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #4  
Sounds like a failing or out of specification sensor to me. Regens are initiated by a couple things but the most common is the pressure differential sensed by the sensors in the DPF unit. The sensors sense thew pressure differential and when that value changes to a certain pre set value in the ECM, the ECM initiates a regen cycle.

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #6  
….and is there any warranty remaining?

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #7  
Actually, in reality, all emissions components as well as software that are related to emissions are warranted for 5 years per Federal Law, however, if the failure of any related component is somehow found to be from user input (like contaminated fuel or the addition of non compatible additives in the fuel or oil), the tractor builder / dealer can deny any warranty claims and that is exactly what Kubota is doing with failed DPF units and related components like the high pressure fuel rail components. If the defective / failed parts show any evidence of abuse by the owner, they can deny warranty. I would imagine that other manufacturers like JD are doing the same.

Kubota is now adding fuel polishing units (example Racor pre filters) to their new T4 final tractors. They realize that the varying quality of diesel fuel can and will contribute to emissions related failures. The OEM filters only filter down to 80 microns (spin on pre filter) and the bowl separator engine mounted filter is even less than 80 microns whereas a fuel polishing unit like a Racor can filter down to 30 microns or less (Racor offers filters to 10 microns) plus they are capable of continuous water-fuel separation.

Even though both of mine are pre 4 units (actually T3 interim), I've added fuel polishing units to both as even conventional high pressure injection diesel engines don't like contaminants in the fuel. I did a thread on that in the Kubota tractor section. I'm about to add one to my diesel pickup truck as well.

While I did not utilize Parker-Racor units on mine because of the initial cost (Parker-Racor filter bases are extremely expensive to purchase and I'm inherently cheap, I do use their 30 micron spin on filters with their 'aquablock' technology. Their filters will fit any aftermarket filter base and nice thing about the filters is the clear add on base that allows you to instantly see if there are any contaminants in the fuel and drain them off via a valve in the clear base. I use their 12T spin on filters rated at 15 gpm which is sufficient for 99% of the tractors on here (as well as mine).

Install is easy as the units are compact and hookup is easy too. The fuel line from the fuel tank is attached to the inlet and the outlet goes to the primary (engine mounted filter). Your engine mounted lift pump provides the suction or if your tractor has a gravity fed tank, the fuel pressure in the tank provides adequate flow.

for me, it's cheap insurance against pump or injector failure from suspect fuel.

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #9  
Can those 10 and/or 30-micron filters be used on a gravity feed system?

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #10  
Can those 10 and/or 30-micron filters be used on a gravity feed system?
Parker Racor recommended the 30 micron for gravity feed. The 10 micron requires a lift pump. Keep in mind that the 10 will clog (fill up with contaminants more quickly) as well. All the Racor diesel filters in the 12T series have Aqua block so that is good no matter what the micron rating is.