Off season projects

/ Off season projects #21  
Rebuilds or major projects you say?

He said “you want it? It’s yours”. Figured I couldn’t go wrong…
D9C6A4EE-6474-442C-9B5D-9D4D357CD2A5.jpeg

5x4 bales so not gonna be real marketable but should be okay.

After much consternation I finally got her cracked open and pulled about 400# of pack rat nest out to confirm just about all the belts are bad and none of the bearings would move.
65685943-588B-4704-8537-37193BCB9DEC.jpeg

Needed a sign so hot wired this thingy and it goes in and out so the baler must be worth it right :ROFLMAO:
9ECC1DA1-55A6-4C79-A238-3AB96673E2E3.jpeg

My kingdom for a press.
0E97C837-7138-4264-BB5A-8F67FB82BBAB.jpeg

One down that was a test to see if it was the right one…six more RO go just for the bottom rollers:oops:
B3686A33-4DCE-42CE-BFEF-08A225122AD3.jpeg

This one is kicking my butt. It looks all beat up now. Using a 8# sledge and a chicken pin doesn’t seem to be moving it so it’s soaking, probably end up finding a torch to borrow.
283FEA0C-EABD-4887-8847-C6B37DBD8CB2.jpeg

Kind of making it work out of principle now. Gonna be a money put but if I can get it together and bale this summer maybe I can sell it as a “field ready” baler next year.

/ Off season projects
If nothing, you will get quite a mechanical education on round balers

/ Off season projects #23  
With snow pack gone. Getting back out into pastures doing weed control.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 89
   / Off season projects #24  
Still six inches of snow on the ground here and when thigs have melted a bit it just turns everything to mud in a hurry. Pretty much house bound until the frost comes out of the ground and things firm up. Then it's road grading, fence building, gravel covering season until it gets too hot to work past noon.

/ Off season projects #25  
Another 6” of snow last night and single digits to teens temperatures; (not complaining - we need the moisture). But I’m getting cabin fever. Don’t feel like spending time in an unheated shop. I’m going to look into one of those propane heaters. Any recommendations? I can’t heat the entire barn, but maybe seeking to warm up a small work area.

/ Off season projects
With snow pack gone. Getting back out into pastures doing weed control.
Pull that multi flora rose out by the roots.
When I cut them with WW and saw blade, they just come right back!

/ Off season projects #28  
Making a list of things I have to buy this year. Trying to figure out what will go up the most in price vs. how much room I can store stuff until house is built. No doubt I will guess wrong.

/ Off season projects #29  
acres of rotten onions that have been disked up and left
Brings back memories of getting the tractor and plow "stuck in onions". Time to get out they're tracked tractor. There was a 3k acre muck farm near us that grew carrots, onions, tatoes, sweetcorn, mint. We would farm the perimeter of the marsh, which made for great corn and beans, but some parts were also their overflow ground for defects/rejects.

/ Off season projects #30  
Pull that multi flora rose out by the roots.
When I cut them with WW and saw blade, they just come right back!
Cattle for the most part keep it controlled now. They eat the young growth and strip the leaves off. Just need to get it to ground level.