Offset Rear Blade

/ Offset Rear Blade #21  
I have a 7' Frontier with hydraulic offset, I really like it. The tilt and angle is manual. As you can tell by the weeds, I don't use it much:)

0914211440.jpg

/ Offset Rear Blade #22  
The OP has a Kubota B2650. He's not going ti add rear remotes and hang a 1,000# blade on the back. He can do th efollowing:

1. Buy once, cry once - get what he really wants $$$
  2. Find a used, good quality slider that's in his budget and start working now $$ (sell it for what he paid for it later if he chooses)
  3. Wait,wait, wait to find a good used offset blade - no fun in the meantime

/ Offset Rear Blade #23  
Bush Hog makes a nice medium duty blade with all three manual adjustments that would match well with a B2650. Others surely do too.

/ Offset Rear Blade #24  
I bought a new Rhino 950 to go with my M6040. It has offset, tilt and angle - all are manual. This rear blade weighs 1050# and is 96" wide. I use offset and angle all the time. Gets the blade out beyond the rear tire. There are a couple places on my mile long gravel driveway where there is a significant drop off. Very close to the driven path. I do not like taking unnecessary chances.

I only use tilt when cleaning the driveway ditches.

/ Offset Rear Blade #25  
Mr. Sawyer Rob, what is an 8-way? Not questioning, just keenly interested.

My understanding is a 6-way typically allows for a combination of:

Angle - blade swings around a center vertical axis to allow pushing or pulling, such as commonly used to plow snow towards a ditch...

Tilt - blade edge can be rotated on a horizontal axis, so the the blade can be tilted up or down such as for cleaning out ditches or adjusting crown on a road...

Offset - blade can be angled at the 3PH end, to offset the blade to the left or right behind the tractor...

The only other thing I can think of is angle of attack, such as adjusting the length of the top link to make the blade edge to cut more or less aggressive, (although that's not really inherent to the blade).

What other adjustment is on an 8-way blade?

/ Offset Rear Blade #26  
Everything Attachments
Wow....the price of those blades has risen dramatically!
I bought that EA blade in the 72" size, for about $300 less, just 4 years ago.
They are still very likely the most blade bang for the buck!
The offset requires no sliding.

I have had 3 other blades!
Nothing was as easy to use, or as effective, as the EA blade is.

Last edited:
   / Offset Rear Blade #27  
I ended up with this EA 72" Extreme blade
It has been used extensively for snow removal and trimming my gravel driveway. The offset is an absolute necessity for me when working on the driveway. The grade was raised 10' to accommodate the driveway. Going over the edge is a two wrecker call - just ask one of our friends who came to look at the house while under construction.
Without the offset I could never get close enough to the edges. One caution tho - with a big load on the blade while it is offset will tend to crab the tractor.

/ Offset Rear Blade #28  
Mr. Sawyer Rob, what is an 8-way? Not questioning, just keenly interested.

My understanding is a 6-way typically allows for a combination of:

Angle - blade swings around a center vertical axis to allow pushing or pulling, such as commonly used to plow snow towards a ditch...

Tilt - blade edge can be rotated on a horizontal axis, so the the blade can be tilted up or down such as for cleaning out ditches or adjusting crown on a road...

Offset - blade can be angled at the 3PH end, to offset the blade to the left or right behind the tractor...

The only other thing I can think of is angle of attack, such as adjusting the length of the top link to make the blade edge to cut more or less aggressive, (although that's not really inherent to the blade).

What other adjustment is on an 8-way blade?
On a dozer 6 way blade, up down is counted, as there is no "offset"...

SO, up/ down is also counted on a back blade, to make the 8.

(actually, it's the offset that makes the 8}

SR

/ Offset Rear Blade #29  
On a dozer 6 way blade, up down is counted, as there is no "offset"...

SO, up/ down is also counted on a back blade, to make the 8.

(actually, it's the offset that makes the 8}

SR
So tilting the blade via toplink or other adjustment on the blade itself makes it a 10 way blade? 🤷🏼‍♂️