Oil Back Ordered

/ Oil Back Ordered #11  
Ridiculous. Like living in a 3rd world country with some things the past 1-2 years.
I’ve had Lucas green grease on back order for 3 weeks.

Last edited:
   / Oil Back Ordered #12  
Same supply issues in the power sports market. Popular varieties like 10W40 are back ordered. Local shop has quit marking the prices on each package on the shelf because price increases are so frequent.

/ Oil Back Ordered #13  
I've been criticized bulk buying before but the last couple of years those critical now see me as forward thinking!

Things like oil and grease and antifreeze keep a very long time and I know will be used... and don't take up much room on the shelf.

Never bought into Just In Time model of inventory...

/ Oil Back Ordered #14  
Maybe the producers are waiting for crude prices to drop so they are not stuck with wearhouses of high price motor due to a 5 day war and inflation?

/ Oil Back Ordered #15  
Maybe the producers are waiting for crude prices to drop so they are not stuck with wearhouses of high price motor due to a 5 day war and inflation?
Or oil-related supplies could be shrinking because theres a rapidly growing emphasis on electric power for everything?

/ Oil Back Ordered #16  
Last week I was told at TSC they could not order motor oils or grease at the store level and that corporate would decide what was shipped to each store when looking for 00 weight gearbox grease.
I was under the impression that this was true for all inventory at TSC, not just oil/grease. They have the best prices in town on cat litter, but their house brand is frequently out of stock. Asked an employee once when they were getting more in and his response was something to the effect that we get what they send us, when they send it.

Changed the hydraulic oil in my tractor a couple months ago, TSC only had one 5 gal. pail of it, and didn't know when they'd be getting more. Ended up getting the rest from walmart.com...ordered on a Friday, got it Sunday!

/ Oil Back Ordered #17  
I've been criticized bulk buying before but the last couple of years those critical now see me as forward thinking!

Things like oil and grease and antifreeze keep a very long time and I know will be used... and don't take up much room on the shelf.

Never bought into Just In Time model of inventory...
I think the same exact way. All lubes and grease lasts a very very long time on a shelf. At the height of covid when all the oil prices where low I when through and calculated all oil and grease needed for the rest of this presidents first term. Prices have at least doubled in the engine oil department. I also bought 5yrs of fuel and that trippled in price since I bought it.

Many companies like rotella and mobile to yearly rebates, even last year so theres no need to pay full retail price.

/ Oil Back Ordered #18  
   / Oil Back Ordered #20